Sunday, March 13, 2011

The update of all updates!

It's been a few weeks since I've blogged.
I've been a slacker in the picture taking department too!
I use to be so good about remembering to bring my camera. However lately... it's a struggle!
I have found that when I don't have a picture to coordinate with what I'm talking about, I have a hard time even blogging about it!
Reading is so much better done with pictures!

So let's start with TALAN!
A few weeks ago Talan had his first hospital visit. Don't worry! It wasn't anything bad or terribly sad, just a case of crappy teeth!

We have been taking Talan to the dentist ever since his teeth began poking through his gums. And he HATES nothing more than going to the dentist! In fact he pretty much hates anything to do with people doing anything to his teeth. Teeth brushing with this kid is nothing less than a FIGHT! I have found pinning him down so that he can't move his arms or legs works best. You would think that eventually he would realize that he's NEVER going to win the fight and just give up... but not this kid!
So a mouth full of cavities has caused us to visit the dentist every three months for fluoride treatments. I don't know if the fact that the city of Highland doesn't have fluoride in their water has anything to do with Talan's weak teeth, but of all my kids his teeth have by far been the worst! And he's my only kid that has been raised solely on unflourinated water! So now that he's 3 years old it was time to fix what was broke!

We went down to Orem Community Hospital and all the staff were really cute with Talan. Of course Talan was being Talan and full of energy and opinions. He wanted a donut and asked anybody and everybody to get him one. I told him that I would get him one after he was all done. He wanted nothing to do with wearing a hospital gown and made sure to let everyone know about it! My good friend Shari came to give me a little moral support since David had to work. As soon as she walked in the doors Talan told her he wanted the hospital gown off! So she took it off! I told her that he was suppose to wear it because the nurse said so. Well, she having a LOT of hospital experience under her belt with one child having cancer, another cracking his head open along with who knows how many other times she's been in hospital attendance during her life told me, "He doesn't need to wear the hospital gown! That nurse is a Grandma and thinks that's he's going to get cold. He's not cold! He's running around like a crazy kid! If they want him to wear the hospital gown they can put in on him AFTER they put him to sleep!" Well okay then! Talan was happy to have gotten his way and therefore we were all happy!
Just before going back to surgery a cute nurse came in the room to play with Talan. She got on the floor with him and build a house out of magnetic toys. He was loving it and loving her. By the time the doctors were ready for Talan to go back he was more than willing to walk back with the nurse on his own. We brought Talan's Buzz for comfort. The nurse told Talan that Buzz needed to have some work done and ask him if he would walk him back. He took hold of one of Buzz's hand and the nurse took hold of the other and together they walked Buzz back to surgery. It was seriously the cutest thing ever!
When Talan came back after surgery Buzz was laying next to him wearing a hospital gown, hospital socks, a doctors hat and mask, the mask they used to put Talan to sleep, and a bandage around his foot matching the bandage Talan had around his own foot that was holding his IV, heart and oxygen level monitor.
Seriously adorable!
They warned me that Talan was going to wake up and not be very happy. They said that he will be quite upset and I would need to try to calm him down. However just the opposite happened. He slept and he slept and he slept!
I rubbed his sweaty little head and he was deep in dream land!
Finally the nurse checked his chart and it turned out that the anesthesiologist gave him something that did in fact induce the sleepy affect. Probably because he saw just how HIGH ENERGY this kid is! I was totally fine with the sleepy little boy. It was nice to watch him sleep! And then it was time to wake up! He opened him eyes and stood straight up in bed all in one motion. He reached his arms out to me and immediately wanted his IV out. He sat there calmly as the nurse took all the tape off and then pulled the IV out. We dressed him and then we were off. It was all just that easy! He was sweet as could be. We got in the car and he looked up at me and said, "I want a donut!" I told him that we were on our way to get one. On our way home he didn't really say anything else except at one point he said, "Mom, my mouth hurts!" Oh the poor little guy! He got him his donuts and within a few more hours he was once again bouncing off the walls as if nothing had happened!
That's my boy!


Reagan
Reagan is just about as cute as can be. She is very much GIRL!
She loves clothes, shoes, dancing, singing, teaching, and SCREAMING!
There is never a question in our house as to weather she's being bugged, hurt, annoyed, or perhaps being looked at wrong! She lets us all know with an ear piercing scream!

Over the last few months she has really enjoyed having her hair all curled up. Some of the older girls in the neighborhood curled her hair all up one Sunday after church and ever since she has been ready and willing to sit and wait for the curls to be complete!

At school they celebrated Dr. Suess' birthday!
Lucky for Reagan we just so happen to have the Dr. Suess attire!
She was really excited to be able to wear it! In fact so excited that she forgot all about the read-a-thon and forgot to bring a pillow and blanket. Oh well at least she showed up in style!


Carsten is getting excited for Lacrosse season to begin!David and I took Carsten and two of his friends, Tate and Dillon to a BYU Lacrosse game. It was a great game! David and I sat in the stands and watched the game while Carsten and his friends played lacrosse in the grass behind the stands. They didn't seem so interested in actually watching the game! They definitely took interest in the snack bar though!
On the way home we asked the boys if they even knew who won the game. And surprisingly enough they did! But they had no idea what the score was!
BYU won by one point scored in the final seconds of the game 11-10!


Bradon is playing on a Super League Baseball Team this year.
I just about died when I found out the the uniform alone was going to cost $220.00! Are you kidding me! I mean don't get me wrong, the uniforms look great! But we are talking 11 year old boys here! The last time I checked, uniforms don't win or lose games!
Intimidate..... MAYBE!

This last Saturday they had their first tournament.
It was only their second time playing outside this year. They have been practicing at an indoor facility with limited space. So they have practiced the individual skills of baseball but not on an actual field.

Bradon feels most comfortable playing 3rd base.
He's a pretty good little ball player!
And notice #42. He wanted #7 because he's always #7 but #7 had already been chosen by the time he joined the team so he went with the next best thing, #42!
Yes, Pat Tillman's number!
I'm telling you, they went with nothing but the best when they got these uniforms. Custom jerseys with the team name, last name and number embroidered on them. Custom hats also embroidered. And Under Armor!

We are looking forward to a fun filled season of baseball! It's going to be a busy fun time!
Bradon is playing Super league and City league. And Carsten is playing City league and lacrosse.
And of course David will be coaching lacrosse and helping out with baseball whenever he can. Let the good times roll!


Ethan just finished up a season of Church Ball!
Ethan doesn't know a lot about basketball and our ward didn't ever practice so his learning all took place on the court in a game situation! He did pretty good considering his experience.

You've gotta love church basketball especially at the decon level. It's really quite fun to watch! Ethan never really wanted to have the ball. As soon as he got it he was looking for who he could pass it to! He made a few baskets throughout the season and got lots of playing time though. Their team was always trying to scroung up enough players just to have enough bodies to play. Ethan never missed a game! You would think he really loved basketball or something due to his attendance! But when I asked him about it I found out that he just didn't want to let anybody down. He wanted to make sure that their were always enough people to play. What a good kid Ethan is! Such a team player!

We had one or two boys that were pretty good at basketball. One or two that thought they were really good at basketball. And then a bunch that knew they weren't really good at basketball! But all in all they did good. I think they all learned a thing or two about themselves and the game. We went further in the tournament that anyone expected yet we were all thrilled to see the season finally come to a close!

This last week Ethan tried out for the Symphonic Band at school. I'm proud of him for giving it a shot! He hasn't found out if he's made it or not yet. He keeps telling himself that it's okay if he doesn't make it. I'm pretty sure he'll be okay either way. But what great experience trying out! A few years ago I guarantee Ethan would have NEVER tried out for something like this.
It's so much fun watching your kids blossom!


Carsten just finished up his first ever
FOOTBALL PASSING LEAGUE!This year they started up an indoor football passing league. I guess it's kinda like flag football but it's just with the skill positions. David was the coach and he hand picked his players from his tackle team.

The kids absolutely loved it! They started this league with just 3rd grade. They plan on expanding it to all the grades next go around. It was so good for the boys to pracitce passing the ball and running their routes. Next year is going to be so fun watching this bunch of boys. Their confidence and skill improved so much playing in this league.

Here is Carsten catching a pass for a touchdown!

We took first place in the tournament!
We beat Lone Peak in the championship game which was super sweet since they beat us in the champion game in tackle. Not that this compares really, but still... it was sweet!

Way to go Carsten!
After the game Carsten told me that he had broken the Adair curse!
We finally won a championship game!
Way to go CHAMPION!

David just recently was ROBBED of President's Circle at work!
No kidding! ROBBED! I personally was PISSED!
Now I know that pissed isn't a nice word to use and definitely not ladylike but I was! Well I sorta still am! No let me take that back.... I AM!
For the last 12 quarters David has been the #1 sales guy in the active trader sales organization at Fidelity.
The first 4 quarters of being #1 won him President's Circle. Unfortunately the economy was crap and the company didn't feel like a company trip would look good so they cashed all the winners out instead.
The second 4 quarters of being #1 also won him President's Circle. We got to go to Naples Florida were we stayed on the beach in the Ritz Carlton Hotel. It was awesome! Not only was it totally rewarding, but David actually got recognized for his good work! Something that next to never happens at Fidelity. Wait.. Scratch that... NEVER HAPPENS!
So the third 4 quarters of being #1 in all of his sales division you would think would also result in winning President's Circle.
No brainer right? Top dog! Best numbers!
Highest paid! Unbeaten by anyone!

NO! They gave it to someone else!
The word on the street is that they wanted someone from back east to win it. So when all the numbers came out, rather than going with the overall #1 sales guy like they should/like they always have in the past, sending literally the #1 guy, they decided to find a stat and go solely off that so that someone else could win. Someone from back east!
So my question is, when they present him with his President Circle award are they going to say that he was #1 in this one particular stat or are they just going to allow everyone to believe that he was seriously the #1 sales guy of the year?
Can you tell that this angers me?
What an absolute slap in the face!
No simple thank you... EVER!
Just a simple, SLAP IN THE FACE!
It's like a typical democrat way of thinking... Oh you don't ever win! That's not fair that you don't ever win! Oh you didn't work hard enough? Oh well that's not fair! He's always better than you? That's not fair either! Here let me take his big "Thank You Trip" away from the guy that really won and give it to you! I mean it's really not fair because he made more money than you did too! Hard work should never pay off! We should always take from the deserving and give it to the runner up! Oh he wasn't the runner up? Well if he wasn't #2 than what number was he? Who knows because fidelity doesn't believe in sharing that kind of information to a competitive sales organization just in case it "hurts someones feelings!" They only tell the individual personally where they stack up. But unfortunately for us, stacking up #1 doesn't amount to anything! Well, unless a slap in the face is something!
So just in case you're wondering... these are my true feeling! I haven't held back anything! Well except for a few really bad words that have crossed my mind a time or two while thinking about this and sharing with you my desire to "GIVE THEM ONE OF THESE!" ... other than that I have disclosed ALL my feelings! Thanks for listening!


And last but certainly not least, I need to update... ME!

I have acquired a couple jobs over the last few months.
I am working for my cousin Sarah Haws' company 'Child Enrichment Center' as her office manager. We are working to get her business up and running here in Utah. The Child Enrichment Center works with Autistic children doing 1 on 1 ABA therapy in the home. It's a job where I can work as much or as little as I like. So far it's been fun and interesting.

I am also working at a drug treatment center as a chef. I've finished training and am working as an assistant right now until the treatment center down the street from my house opens back up. When it opens I will be cooking dinner there Monday through Friday. It works out great! I don't have to be there until after Ethan is home from school and he can watch Talan for me. I should only be gone for a couple hours, I'll make X amount of money per meal and I'll be making my own family's dinner at the same time.

I've been actively trying to get some retail accounts for the Almond Toffee and Fudge we make. However my Aunt Nancy will be the maker and I'll just be the seller.

I've thought about selling the cute hats I make and I'm always willing to decorate cakes and cupcakes whenever a job arises!

Man it sounds like I would almost do anything for money!
Don't get any ideas.... However it's true, I do like money!

So that pretty much wraps up the family update.
We have been super busy but having fun!

3 comments:

Sabra said...

I'm pissed, too! Dang them! David will always be my number one salesman!

Jen Hakes said...

Wow! So much going on at the Adair home. Super lame about David. He deserves it. Makes you want to switch companies if possible. Where do you find time to do so many things? I'm amazed!

Shari said...

I knew all this but it was good to read again! Have a fun little trip to St. George.