So of course, the making of the pine wood derby car was put off until the very last minute! Lucky for me, I only have one cub scout this year!
{and a little out loud!},
"Why in the heck is it my job to make the stupid pine wood derby car? I thought this was suppose to be a father/son project!
Yes! I get that I'm the creative crafty one in the relationship! But this is a power tools job and I'm not so much of the power tools type! But I must admit by the time I was finished, I was happy with the result!
Carsten wanted a Double Decker Bus this year.
And so a Double Decker he got!
All the Cub Scouts couldn't hardly keep their hands off it! Every time we turned around someone was checking it out! And trust me, I was a little worried weather the wheels were going to even stay in! I couldn't get the Super Glue opened and so the wheels didn't get the Super Glue bath I was hoping for! In fact, they didn't get any kind of glue at all!
Every year I've done one of these Pine Wood Derby's I've learned what to do differently the next year.
Last year I learned that this year I was only going to let the boys put graphite on their car once at the start of the race and then they were to leave it alone!
This year I learned that next year I'm not going to allow the boys to touch any other boys car until the entire race is finished!
Eventually I'm going to get it right! Or at least get it functioning so that none of the Dads get upset with how it all went down! And then... And then they will release me!
Overall though I thought this years derby went great!
So let me think... Carsten has one more pine wood derby left and then Talan will have three! 8 down, 4 to go! I'm 2/3rds finished!
1 comment:
Double decker? Where does that kid come up with things? :) By the way, I hear you are awesome at your calling so you will never be released!
Post a Comment