Last Saturday, May 5th was not only Reagan's 8th birthday but it was her baptism day too! It was a busy day from sun up till sun down but worth every racing moment!
Grandma and Grandpa Haws came from Arizona for the big day! We started the morning off with Reagan's 8:30 soccer game, then we headed to Salt Lake for Carsten's 10:00 lacrosse game. Bradon had baseball games at 10:00 and 12:00 in Lehi, so as soon as Carsten's lacrosse game was over we raced to get a little something to eat and then off to Bradon's 12:00 game. The kids were thrilled to have their Grandparents there to watch them play!
Once all the games were done we raced back home to get ready for Reagan's 4:00 baptism!
Reagan was so excited for all of it! She had been dreaming about this day for a long time! We got there a little early and David and Reagan got dressed in their baptism clothes. I had told Reagan that she would wear a little jumpsuit, but much to our surprise they had cute little baptism dresses for the girls!
The baptismal service was so good!
Reagan had asked each of her Grandma's to give talks. Grandma Adair talked on baptism and Grandma Haws talked on the Holy Ghost. They both did a fabulous job! Aunt Vicky and Grandpa Haws gave the prayers and Grandpa Haws and Uncle Jay were the witnesses. Reagan asked Sheri Iverson to play the piano and my cousin Emily to play her viola. It was beautiful!
Just before the meeting started Reagan whispered in my ear, "I'm so nervous!" I assured her that it was all going to be wonderful and that she was going to be okay.
After she was baptized she told me that the water was kinda cold but she felt warm inside.
David confirmed her and gave a beautiful blessing.
Reagan was absolutely beaming with joy and grinning from ear to ear!
The weather was windy and cold so Grandma Adair headed home right away. I didn't get a picture with her but I got one with Grandma and Grandpa Haws.
We had an 'It's great to be 8!' birthday party
at our house following the baptism.
| We had lots of food and treats. |
Reagan didn't get her collage of pictures in poster fashion that she had wished for, but I did display this cute little picture taken on her 'baptism photo shoot' day! She was thrilled!
We sang Happy Birthday to Reagan....
She made a wish, and then blew out her candles!
I made her a baptism scrapbook that turned out pretty cute! She filled in all the information by herself and I think someday when she looks back at it, it will truly be a treasure!
Reagan got lots of wonderful gifts to remember her special day.
She got her own set of scriptures, a baptism plaque, necklaces and earrings, and a baptism towel! She said time and time again, "This is the best day ever!"
I'm so glad that her baptism day was so special. I hope that she remembers it always. I hope that she remembers the feelings she had on that day and always knows that the church is true and that her Heavenly Father loves her!
Happy Birthday my little princess,
I LOVE YOU!
2 comments:
What a great day for the whole family. She looks absolutely beautiful. Good job mom on the party...she's a lucky little girl.
How fun! It's great to see a picture of your parents. It's been too long. Tell them hello for me. I love Reagan's comment about being warm inside. Cute.
Post a Comment