Our little girl is turning eight this Saturday and she will be getting baptized ON her birthday! She is so excited for her special day she can hardly stand it!
She has had very specific requests in regards to her baptism. Here are just a few...
It was VERY important that we have a special photo shoot of her in her new baptism dress. Due to our hectic schedule around here I couldn't seem to find a day that would work. So last Monday I let her stay home from school for a special photo shoot with mom. She knew exactly how she wanted her hair done, it had to be up in a messy bun! She knew exactly where she wanted her photo shoot to take place, Thanksgiving Point at the Tulip Festival! And when we got there she knew exactly how she wanted to pose and where she wanted to pose! It was all very cute and very fun! And she got lots and lots of attention from everyone at the Tulip Festival! Reagan (needless to say) was in heaven!
We had to have an invitation. So we took the pictures from our photo shoot to Heidi and created this cute little invitation that we sent out to family members and friends.
Reagan informed me that she expects a baptism scrapbook like her friends Callie and Taylor's mom made for them. When I explained to her that I didn't do baptism scrapbooks for any of the boys she replied, "But I'm special! I'm the only GIRL!" followed with a laugh that only Reagan can give! So I've put together a scrapbook!
I need to decorate a baptism cake. She wants a picture of a dad baptizing his little girl on it. So the cake has been ordered, a picture has been chosen and soon a baptism cake we will have!
I need to have a collage of pictures put together like a poster. You know, so that we can hang it up at the after baptism party! YEAH, Sorry Sister that's where I draw the line, I aint doing a collage!
Reagan has obviously been dreaming about her baptism day for quite some time now! Without hesitation she even knew exactly what songs she wanted on her program.
I just hope that her special day turns out to be just as special as she has imagined it!
1 comment:
What a great day it will be. I think she deserves ALL those special requests...it's not every day that your little girl makes such an important righteous decision.
Congrats to Reagan...and you too Mom!
Post a Comment