For Bradon's 13th Birthday he wasn't interested in having a party but he was interested in having a double chocolate cake from Costco!
Since David and I were gone on his actual birthday, his Grandma Adair took him along with the other kids out to dinner. He chose to eat at Chili's.
He was more than happy to get the most awesome birthday present EVER from Grandpa Haws. Notice it sitting right next to him!
And notice his finger. He tore the tendon in his middle finger at football practice. While playing football? NO! He was cracking his knuckle! David and I received a phone call from one of his coaches saying that Bradon had hurt his finger and that we should come take a look at it. We raced over to his practice and he was practicing just fine. I thought, "Well it can't be hurt very bad!" They called Bradon over and had him take the tape off of it. The top part of his finger just flapped there. He had no control of it at all. He couldn't lift it up or pull it down. It just dangled! It wasn't painful, and he could practice just fine as long as it was taped. So since we didn't have insurance at the time, we put a little splint on it and waited 3 or 4 weeks for our insurance to kick in. Our splint job turned out being exactly what the doctor would have ordered. When we took him into a real doctor they put an even better splint on it that would hyper extend it and a month later it was as good as new!
So now we have a 2 teenager family!
Bradon is such a good kid! He's helpful and kind and has a huge heart! He's all his siblings favorite brother which says a lot about him. He's had a rough year learning that life isn't fair. It's no fun being a type 1 diabetic! My heart breaks for him! It's surely something I wouldn't wish upon anyone, but Bradon's a pretty tough kid. I know that he'll figure it out and learn to live with it and become stronger because of it! I love you Bradon and Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment