On Friday all the kids got to wear their costumes to school for the Annual Halloween Parade/Class Parties. This year I wasn't as prepared as in year past nor did I have the funds to just go out and buy costumes for the kids. So it was a year to recycle, borrow, or become creative! We did a little of each!
Bradon either didn't like or fit into any of our old costumes and decided he wanted to be a Boom box. I ran to the "drink store" and got a couple of free boxes he could choose from. Then I had an idea! He could be a robot! I went to Lowes and I found that coiled vent pipe stuff on clearance for $5.00! SCORE! I got home and told Bradon my grand idea. He wasn't so impressed! But his friend Dillon was with him and thought it was an awesome idea. Bradon finally decided that he would be a robot only if Dillon was a robot too! We got to work and just past midnight our masterpieces were finished. They were CAVE BOT 3000's! As in American Fork Cavemen Robots. Very creative!
Talan used the Gledhill's old BUZZ LIGHYEAR costume. You should have seen his face when he first saw it. He was giddy yet shy not knowing exactly how to show his emotions. He was too embarrassed to put the costume on at their house but as soon as we walked in our door he couldn't wait to get it on! He put it on and immediately got into character.
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!
Reagan used the Payne's Strawberry Shortcake costume that Heidi made several years back. You might even recognize it. Elise dressed up in this costume to come to Reagan's Strawberry Shortcake birthday party a few years ago. I think Reagan makes a perfect Strawberry Shortcake! Freckles and all!
Tweedledee and Tweedledum .... Oh I mean,
Thing 1 and Thing 2 were a hit! Dylan Burns and
Carsten came up with this costume by themselves. They used our BYU hair wigs and then convinced Dylan's mom to take them to Walmart and buy them matching red shirts and pants. I printed off some clip art, laminated it and pinned them on. They went to Dylan's cousin's ward Halloween party and won the costume contest. The bishop from that ward thought that they were twins from the ward and the next day in Sacrament meeting made reference about their cute costumes from the pulpit. Too funny! These two are hilarious when they get together. They can self entertain for hours. Dylan's ward Halloween party was a western theme. Carsten ran home and got our "Daddle". A Daddle is a stuffed Saddle that can be strapped to a Dad's back for a small child to ride like a horse. Carsten strapped it to himself and became Dylan's horse. Seriously, where did these two come from?
I am Reagan's 1st grade class room mother this year. Reagan's teacher is my best bud Shari and so becoming the room mother wasn't really up for negotiation! I have this memory of my mother being my room mother when I was in 2nd grade. She came to my school Halloween party dressed as a witch and made an awesome witches brew. And so it was only appropriate that I too whip up a mean batch of witches brew too!
Shari was a purple fairy. All the 1st grade teachers dressed as fairy's this year but Shari's costume by far was the best! After the parade and before the class party, Shari, Talan and I went on our daily drink run... in costume! We seriously have fun everywhere we go! We are a total production! Everyone at the drink store loved us, or at least that's what we would like to believe! In fact don't tell us otherwise, because chances are, we won't believe you!
Here's Reagan's class.
Aren't they cute?The greatest thing about 1st graders is that they still struggle with knowing weather something is real or not. "Mrs. Iverson is that your real hair?" "Yeah, I woke up this morning and it had grown in purple! Weird huh?" "Are you really a witch?" "Can you show us some magic?" "You can't show us magic because you forgot your wand huh?" "Yeah, I forgot my wand!"
I told one of the kids that I was a real witch because I was missing a tooth. He quickly said, "Well I'm missing a tooth!" "Well what do you know, you must be part witch too!"
The next day was Saturday the 30th. In Utah everyone goes Trick or Treating on Saturday if Halloween happens to fall on a Sunday.
So Halloween it was!
Ethan decided he was way past Trick or Treating... But dressing up in a Winnie the Pooh costume and passing out candy was totally for him! He had so much fun passing the candy out! He loved all the comments people gave him about his costume. This was way better than a stupid bucket of candy!
Half way through the Trick or Treating night
Talan noticed that we owned a Blues Clues costume. No Way! BLUES CLUES! He insisted on putting Blues Clues on immediately! So we had a little costume change and then part 2 of our Trick or Treating.
Trick or Treat!
Bradon had a hard time with the CAVE BOT 3000 costume. He couldn't bend his arms! How are you going to collect an adequate amount of candy if you can't bend your arms? So he made a trip to the basement and tried on an assortment of costumes and then went for old faithful, Mr. Jack O' Lantern!
Talan decided that Blue was too hot and went back to being BUZZ!
After a fun filled night of Trick or Treating, watching football, going to the Little's house for homemade spud nuts and conversation. We came home and got ready for a well needed restful night of sleep! Well, after playing in the coolest Robot box ever! ...of course. There just isn't anything quite as cute as a BUZZ LIGHTYEAR popping out of a Robot box with the cheesiest ear to ear grin! We love you BUZZ!
And last but not least, my witches hat! This picture doesn't do it justice but it turned out really cute. I got this witches hat from Walmart and then embellished it with free ribbon from Kneaders along with a really big spidder!
We hope you all had a
SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN too!
No comments:
Post a Comment