Last week was the school Dance Festival. The kids look forward to this all year. I don't know if it's because they like dancing or because it's always the last week of the school year at it means school almost out! But for whatever reason... they like it!
They do the dances in order of grade. So our cute little Reagan was the first of our children to preform. Reagan and the first graders danced to the High School Musical theme song. Reagan danced with a little boy named J.R. J.R. had a little crush on Reagan in Kindergarten but this year Reagan assured me that they are JUST FRIENDS!
I didn't realize they were going to be having dance partners until a few days before the dance festival. Reagan was late for school and her class was out on the field practicing their dance. She was a little embarrassed about being late and having to walk out to the field in front of the entire first grade class so I told her I would walk out with her. When we got to the field J.R. was so excited to see Reagan! "Yeah! Reagan's here!" It was pretty cute. After school I told Reagan that I didn't realize they were paired up with boys for their dance. She told me, "Well of course we need a partner, or we couldn't do this!" Then she did this surfing move you can see in the picture above. Well okay then!
Reagan wore her new High School Musical shirt she received as a hand me down from her friend Callie. It couldn't have been more fitting for the song.
Reagan did a fabulous job! She knew all the moves and had a great time!
Carsten was next. Now Carsten informed all of us that he didn't know his dance. When I told him that Grandma Adair was going to be here to see the dance festival he said, "What? You should have told me that before! If I knew she was coming I would have paid attention when they were teaching us the dance!" OH REALLY CARSTEN? I told him that he had better get a little crash course as soon as he got to school before the festival started. We didn't need him to be an embarrassment to the family name!
He was on the corner and claims that the teacher was too far away when they were learning the dance that he couldn't see. Yeah right! He started off okay. He definitely was looking at all the other kids to see what he was suppose to be doing! Such a contrast from last year. Last year this kid knew all the moves!
Since he was on the corner we were standing right by him. We cheered for him and he kept laughing! There was a part of the song that he just stood there just like this picture above doing nothing while everyone else danced. He found the whole thing to be pretty funny!
The third grade danced to Surfing USA.
Woo Who! Way to go Carsten!
Bradon went last. The fifth grade danced to Cotton Eye Joe. Bradon was outstanding! He knew all the moves and went all out!
I was impressed with enthusiasm!
He was a serious dancer! No smiles, all business!
He was told he could wear red, white, or blue. After he got to school we got a phone call to bring him a cowboy hat. Some of the kids went all out. This is one of Bradon's friends Will. He had suspenders and all!
After the dance festival was over Carsten came and found us. He got a big hug from Grandma Adair. She got a kick out of watching the kids dance. And a bigger kick out of watching Carsten NOT dance!
Ethan was checked out of school for the event. He's been asking us all year to be checked out for the dance festival. I don't know if he really wanted to see his sister and brothers preform. Or if he just wanted to watch so that he could make fun of them later. Or if he wanted to go just because he wanted to GET CHECKED OUT OF SCHOOL! I would like to believe that he loves his brothers and sister so much that he wanted to be there to support them. So that's what we are going to say! Ethan's a good big brother!
So there you have it!
Another dance festival danced,
another school year down,
another summer on it's way!
No comments:
Post a Comment