Sunday, August 12, 2012

CYF in the AF Steel Days Parade!

By the skin of our teeth we were in the American Fork Steel Days Parade this year!  I keep trying to tell people that I shouldn't be in charge of things yet somehow I'm still in charge!

I was true to my license plate and once again I found myself L8ASUSL!  I got the okay for us to be in the parade and then I forgot to submit our application.  Organization has never been my forte!  When it dawned on me the week before the parade, the lady in charge asked, "Why so late?" 

I explained that it was my fault 100% and that I was really sorry for dropping the ball.  She told me that if we wanted in at that point we were going to have to be the very last float in the parade and that they wouldn't make any announcements in the microphone about us! 

I told her that that was perfectly fine with me!  So we were float #101 or something like that but believe it or not we were NOT LAST!  There was one float behind us!

Being so far back in the line up made for a really LONG WAIT!
While we waited the kids managed to drink all the water we had brought for them, eat a lot of the candy that was intended for the crowd, run around and act silly and have some fun!

We dropped Ethan and Grandma off on the parade route to sit under a shady tree to wait for the parade to start.  I think that Bradon wished that he could have gone with them because he seemed to make it a point to not be thrilled about any of it!

Carsten on the other hand is always ready for an excuse to party with some of his friends.  Especially when wearing his new Diamondback hat he got from his Grandma and Grandpa Haws during his trip to Arizona this summer!  Looking good kid!

Reagan loved it!

And Talan did too!

 And then finally it was our turn and we were off!

We used an old army truck that belonged to Hunt Electric! 
It's super big, super loud, and super cool looking!
We felt like it was a TOUGH way to show off our boys!  
The kids all loved it! 

 Here's a picture of our cousin, Davis Rasmussen.

At the tail end of the parade Talan started to get brave and strut his stuff!  He was dancing and showing his moves!  I thought it was hilarious!  He even had a little look on his face like, I'm so cool!

It was a fun thing for these kids to be in the parade!  I'm glad we did it even though it was a lot of work.  I think we will try to get into it again next year.  Just hoping I can delegate all the responsibility stuff out to someone a little more responsible!

No comments: