Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A little of this, and a little of that!

 The last 6 weeks have been EXTREMELY busy!
Too busy to even take pictures!

I've always loved picture books!  Pictures have always helped me to understand the story.  They also help me to remember the story!  Maybe that's why I like to blog with pictures!  I've realized that pictures do the same thing for me while blogging.  They help me to remember my story!  And yet sometimes they tell me the story!

Nearing the end of our summer break it felt as though the kids volume got louder and their presents became... well, more present!  Grandma Adair had the kids doing jobs around the house to earn some spending money.  Once enough money was earned they bought an Xbox game.  It sounded like a good idea at the time but then ended up adding to the louder more present problem!  One day while I was out running errands I got a call from one of the kids.  "Mom can we take the T.V. that's in the garage out to the backyard?" I told them that the T.V. weighed over 300 pounds but they were welcome to try.  Seriously anything to keep them busy!  When I got home I found all the kids in the backyard underneath the trampoline that was draped with multiple quilts to create a tent like affect.  Under the tramp was that 300+ pound T.V. and the Xbox all hooked up and plugged in with an extension cord.  WOW! Impressive!
I have to hand it to them, that was pretty creative, but why?  Why would they go through such a huge effort to play Xbox outside when they could have just played it inside?
Grandma had kicked them 
out of the house!
Way to go Grandma!
Well since the sprinklers where going to come on we made the kids move the T.V. back to the garage.  And that's when they created their MAN CAVE!  But like I said earlier... Anything to keep them busy and quiet!  And most importantly, out of our hair!  After the man cave was built, Grandma and I asked ourselves why we hadn't thought to kick them out long before then!  The peace and quiet was beautiful!

The High School puts on a RED and WHITE game each year just before school starts.  This is when the Freshman team scrimmages the Sophomores, the Sophomores scrimmage the JV,  and then the JV team scrimmages the Varsity team.  They make it into a big fundraising event serving dinner prior to the scrimmage.  Ethan is playing on the Freshman team this year and McKay Rasmussen is on Varsity.  This is just a picture I snapped after the scrimmage of Abby, Davis and Reagan hanging out together.  The Rasmussen's and the Adair's get along so well.  It's fun to see them all love one another so much!  


Talan the Tasmanian devil!


This is a series of pictures that told me a story.  You've got to love when you download your pictures and find thing you had NO IDEA even happened!
I have to say, at least they put a mat down to break the fall!

Olympic week at our house was exactly how I remembered it as a child.  Every sport played was reenacted in the family room in front of the television.  Talan told me, "Mom, you should put me in the Olympics!"  Of all the sports reenacted gymnastics was by far the scariest!  I worried that someone was going to get hurt.  Namely Talan!  I swear that Talan is a little Carsten Jr.  He has no fear and seriously thinks he can do anything!  I kept telling the kids, "Stop it!  You're going to get hurt and we don't have insurance right now!"

We have been extremely busy with football this summer!  Next to putting on the Caveman Kickoff, taking care of all the jerseys was one of the hardest parts of our job.  We went to every practice and personally sized each boy, got their jersey number request, ordered them, sorted them, got them off to the embroidery lady and then handed them out!  With every big job their always seems to be mess ups here and there and so we became well acquainted with Kyle the Sports Authority rep we were dealing with.  One day while at Kyle's house he gave us a few old sample items.  This green jersey was one of them.  Now I don't know if you know this about Ethan but he LOVES jerseys!  He loves to design them, look at them and he can tell you off the top of his head the smallest of details about most college team jerseys.  This jersey is from Nike's Combat line and one of the more expensive jerseys.  It's very similar to the ones Utah State wears.  Ethan just about died when we brought this home!  He loves it and wants it to be his!

This year I didn't do the whole first day of school picture thing.  But this is a picture of Reagan wearing her back to school shirt!  Very cute!  We took her shopping and it didn't take her much time at all to decide what she wanted.  This girl knows what she wants!  

Adam Rasmussen just recently left on a mission to Florida.
Before he left I took him to build a bear workshop to have him build his mom a missionary bear.  He was so cute and cooperative! 
Then just before he was set apart as a missionary I met them at the church to take last minute family pictures.  These haven't been Photoshopped yet, but that's something on my to do list.  Well actually the first thing on my list is to learn how to use Photo shop!  (Just a minor detail!)


And now FOOTBALL SEASON is upon us!
Ethan's games started first. 


Ethan is #66 playing right guard.

I took about a million pictures at his game messing with my camera and determined that I'm not all that good at taking pictures.  That or else I need a new fancy dancy lens!

Ethan has really good form!
At this game Ethan played O-line and D-line!


They won the game and Ethan played great!

No comments: