On October 28th Grandma Jeannine Adair turned 81 years old!
In the morning we surprised her with balloons and a present. Jeannine's most favorite present to receive is a gift card to Deseret Book, so that's what we got her!
That evening we had a nice dinner to celebrate.
And then an awesome hamburger cake.
I thought it was cute that our Japanese exchange student Kyosei chose the cake that looked like a hamburger. Hamburgers are SO AMERICAN! He'll probably go home to Japan and tell everyone that we love hamburgers so much that we even decorate our deserts like hamburgers!
Jeannine has been living with us for almost 9 months now. And you know what they say, time flies when you're having fun! Well I guess we are having a blast because the time has seriously flown by!
Jeannine is extremely easy to live with! Since she has been here I've had people come up to me asking me how it's going. They always seem so surprised that I enjoy her being here! I guess she's not the typical mother in law. That or else I'm just not the typical daughter in law. I love having her around and feel it's such a blessing to have her here with us. I like being able to know how she's doing. I always said that I would rather her be irritated with my children than be lonely. And I definitely think she's not lonely here. Irritated with my children? Sometimes maybe, but not lonely!
Happy Birthday Grandma Adair!
We sure love you!
1 comment:
That is a GREAT cake! I am surprised you didn't make it! You are so creative and all!
She is lucky to be with so many people who love her and take good care of her! I bet it was a wonderful 81st for her!
Post a Comment