Thursday, January 17, 2013

Football in Mesquite!

     
 Our family headed south for a little vacation.

Every year we go down for a football tournament that's held in Mesquite NV.  Last year all 3 of our boys played in it, but this year only Carsten's team went down.

We had a lot of fun! In fact, more fun than I anticipated having!
 Since our hotel was in St. George, once we got to Mesquite we were there for the day.  We watched lots and lots of football and enjoyed hanging out with fellow football friends.

 Carsten had driven down with the Ingram's so that he would be there for weigh in's and then we headed down the next morning.  David and I didn't know this but while the Ingram's had him, Bill told Carsten that he would pay him $100.00 if he intercepted the ball during the tournament.  

After the first game of the tournament all sorts of people came up to Carsten saying things like, "Oh you were so close to intercepting that!"  "Carsten you almost had that interception!"  A few people even came up to me to say, "Oh he was so close!  He almost had that!"  But the funny thing was that I didn't think he was close at all!  I couldn't figure out why people were acting like that.  It was like they were trying to make him feel better for not doing very well or something.  I asked David if he thought Carsten almost intercepted the ball and he said, "No, not even close!"  Okay so I'm not crazy!  But what's up with all these people?

The next day as we were sitting on the sidelines watching the game, Bill leaned over to David and told him about his little offer he made Carsten.  He said, "But I think it's a pretty safe bet!"  And then literally just as soon as he spoke, Carsten made a diving catch to intercept the ball!  It was awesome!  Everyone on the sidelines jumped to their feet!  Bill's oldest son Trace turned to his dad and said, "You just got owned!"  We all had a good laugh and then it was half time.  I walked over to Carsten to congratulate him.  I told him that I didn't know about this little offer, but he swore that he had told me the day before.  And he very well could have!  I don't always listen very carefully to everything my kids are saying!  Then Carsten informed me that he was going to get another one!  Wow!  Now that's one confident kid!

Right after half time was over, a few plays later, PICK!  He got another interception!  Wow!  Well I guess we know what motivates Carsten!

 Their team won the game and took home the 1st place trophy!

 They celebrated on the stage together with their song request (Gangnam style) being played loudly!

 Everyone took turns taking pictures with the trophy!

 Including families!
At this point David and Bradon had already headed over to watch another game so they weren't present the family picture.

 Carsten, Gavin and Tate had their little moment together with the trophy.

 And then Ethan had to show off his height.

See look, I'm this tall!

So let's get back to this interception offer...

After Carsten's 2 pick game, Bill told him, "Hey Carsten, I'll get you paid!  I just have to go to the bank first!"  David and I told Carsten not to expect more than $100.00.  We told him that we were pretty sure that Bill didn't mean that he would give him a hundred dollars for every pick, just the first one.  I didn't want Carsten to get his hopes up, besides $100.00 is a lot of money!

A few days later Bill called the house and asked Carsten to come over.  And sure enough Carsten was right!  Bill gave him 2 one hundred dollar bills!  Oh my gosh!  I think Carsten died and went to heaven!  

Well there is one thing about Carsten.  He always has his eye on some expensive item that he can hardly wait to get!  And this time it just so happened to be BEATS.  So the day after Thanksgiving... wait I take that back, I think it was Thanksgiving night!  David took Carsten to Best Buy and he bought himself a pair of beats!  And now he's the coolest kid in the house!  Thanks to Bill!

No comments: