Reagan is taking piano lessons from my friend Barbara Trane. Barbara has lots of piano students and has them preform in 2 recitals each year. The Christmas recital was the first one of the year, and the first piano recital Reagan has ever played in!
Reagan had to memorize her piece and a little introduction. She practiced and practiced and had her song down great! As we left the house for the recital I noticed that Reagan didn't have her piano music with her. I told her that she had better take it just in case. She told me that she didn't need it! She had it memorized! She said the only thing she was worried about was remembering what she was suppose to say before she played.
As we sat in the audience waiting for it to be Reagan's turn, I don't know who was more nervous, Reagan or I! I'm pretty sure it was me! My stomach was turning with butterflies! It became Reagan's turn and she got right up and introduced her piece with her cute little high pitched voice with no problem!
She sat down at the piano and played "Rockin' around the Christmas tree" from start to finish without one single error!
She did so good!
When she sat back down the first thing she said was, "I think I said the guys name wrong!" Yep, that's what she was nervous about! Well if she did say his name wrong, I'm sure that nobody noticed! Because I sure didn't!
Reagan and Barbara Trane
Way to go girl!
First ever piano recital... DONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment