We went to the Thanksgiving Point Farm for the Dairy Festival. We took the Gledhill kids and we met the Gregory's there. Reagan got to ride on a horse all by herself and she loved it!
The festival was pretty fun! They had games and activities for the kids. My favorite game was cow pie bingo. They painted a bingo grid on the floor of the cow pen, and the cow did all the work! The kids got to make their own butter, their own homemade ice cream and sample milk and ice cream as well. This picture is Bradon and Max on the wagon ride. (Bradon's homemade ice cream has a leak!)
They made their own homemade ice cream that they had to shake up in a zip lock bag. They thought that it was so yummy! They acted like they had never had homemade ice cream before. Maybe they hadn't, poor deprived children! Well, we solved that little problem and got David an ice cream maker for father's day. (We have been eating ice cream everyday since.) This is a picture of Callie, Taylor and Reagan eating their homemade ice cream. Yum!
This is Bradon, Carsten, Max and Ethan sampling chocolate milk and ice cream from Meadow Gold. All in all I think that the kids had a good time. Carsten desperately wanted to buy a chic to take home. We had to explain to him that even though the chic only cost $2.00, there were a lot of other things the chic would need and he didn't have money for that. He was pretty sure that the chic could live in his bedroom and eat whatever food we had around the house. When we explained how much a chic pooped, he decided that the chic could live with our dog Teegs. I think that Teegs would like that! Yum!
4 comments:
What a fun adventure. You are always so nice to help out others. That was fun you got to take the Geldhills with your kids. I am with your kids the homemade ice cream is so yummy. I totally need to get an ice cream mixer.
It looks like that festival was fun. I can't help but think about Napolian Dinamite though. Did they have a milk tasting contest? Brian use to have a bow but never used it so he gave it to his nefew.
Looks like it would be fun. Do you like to do archery?
They didn't have a milk tasting contest that I am aware of. Too funny! Yes, I like to shoot but I don';t have a bow. Everyone in our family has their own bow except for me and baby Talan. Someday I am sure I'll get a bow of my own and our whole family will shoot together. It's a fun thing that anyone can do, a good family activity!
I'm so impressed with how you drag your kids all over the place. I was just thinking today, "I haven't left the house all week." I did make a 7:30 run to Sonic for drinks, but we just stayed in the car. The kids go here and there, but I stay behind. Of course, it's 114 degrees here!
Post a Comment