Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tooth fairy...


While at church on Sunday, Bradon lost another tooth!  He came home, put it in a zip lock bag, and put it under a folded blanket that he planned on using as a pillow that night.  Later he went to bed and the next morning while he was getting ready to go to summer school he casually told me that the tooth fairy hadn't come.  I was shocked!  Oh my gosh, he didn't come!  And then I sounded something like this..... "Well, did you have the tooth under your pillow?  It was under a folded blanket?  Well I think that you're suppose to put it under a pillow, not a blanket!  Try putting it under a pillow tonight, I'm sure he will come!"  So the next night he gets out a pillow and puts the tooth under the pillow.  The next morning Bradon once again casually mentions that the tooth fairy failed to come AGAIN.  This time I just about died!  "What?  He didn't come again?  Was your tooth under your pillow or just a blanket?  Under your pillow?  Gosh Bradon, I don't know what to tell you!  I'm so sorry bud!"  So the next night before Bradon even when to bed he looked under his pillow to make sure that his tooth was still there.  
He found a one dollar bill and his tooth was finally gone!  
What's with our lame tooth fairy?  

5 comments:

Sabra said...

What?! No gifts this time along withthe money? Is that just a first tooth tradition?

The Hendricks Family said...

Your tooth fairy sounds like our tooth fairy. The worst is when the kids wake up and the tooth is still there. I always feel bad for my kids. The tooth fairy at our house needs to get with the program.

Stephanie said...

When the kids loose their very first tooth the tooth fairy brings them a two dollar bill, a pack of gum, a new tooth brush and tooth paste. Every tooth after the first is just another tooth and they get a one dollar bill. However sometimes the tooth fairy forgets the tooth fairy's traditions and gives them two dollar bills randomly. Our tooth fairly has a poor memory.... obviously!

Parks Pack said...

So happy that our tooth fairy isn't the only flake! The first time it happened, I said, "You know, when she gets really busy and misses you, she has to double it the next time". After a few misses, I quit using that one. That was the funniest post. Fun to see your cute family.

Mendy said...

Hey Stephanie, I found your blog from Cheryl's. So cute! Your family has grown so much! I hope your enjoying living in UT. I was just there last week and love to visit. I guess the tooth fairy is the same everywhere...she forgets to come every now and then to our house too! Hope all is well!