Every year, durning the last month of school, each grade learns a dance to preform at the dance festival. The kids totally look forward to "dance festival day" and so do we. David takes the day off work so that he can be there to watch the kids preform. I think that it is so good for the kids. Not only to be able to learn to dance, but to be able to preform for an audience.
Everyone does it, and everyone thinks it's cool!
Ethan and the 5th grade danced to "Cotton Eye Joe".
Bradon was pretty serious about his dance.
He and the 3rd grade danced to "Surfing USA".
Carsten surprised us all! He knew every move and put on quite a show. He's a good little dancer! The 1st grade danced to "All for One" from High School Musical.
David and I ran around the field trying to get close to each kid as they preformed. Reagan could only handle so much before she noticed the swing set and decided to swing until it was finished. Talan yelled until I let him out of his stroller and then in a split second I lost him. He took off running when I wasn't looking and then while I was in a total and complete panic trying to find him, a lady came walking up holding him in her arms. Thank heavens for good honest helpful people.
So it was an eventful day.
All the kids had a good time and they are already talking about what songs they might dance to next year.
Way to go kids!
4 comments:
I have been looking forward to your dance festival all year. I told the school I would head up one here, and they seemed excited, but I never heard anymore about it. It sounds like the greatest thing!
What a cool tradition. And I agree, so nice that someone grabbed your baby and brought him back to you. John did something similar to me a few weeks ago and for those few minutes when you can't find your baby you just feel so sick!
This is Fuller checking in for some homemade okonomiyaki. Anything of that sort in your neck of the woods?
You really need to do an entry about our "smokin" soccer team!!!
Post a Comment