Warning! This is the longest post I've ever posted to my blog. View at your own risk!
Adair Family Vacation 2009!
Rexberg...
We drove to Rexberg, Idaho, checked into our hotel room and then found this cute little splash park for the kids to splash around in. Unfortunately the water was freezing cold and the kids wanted nothing to do with it. Well except for Talan!
It took him awhile to warm up to the idea of water shooting randomly out of the ground but finally he found the courage to go and touch it.
What a cute little water bug!
We gave my cousin Kate and her husband Nate a call and luckily they had a few minuets available to visit with us before they were off to the movies.
Yellowstone...
The next morning we woke up and went to Yellowstone National Park.
We saw nature at it's best.
We saw a bald eagle,
And hot pots.
Gorgeous isn't it?
How could something that looks so cool be so hot?
I'm seriously starting to think that National Geographic has nothing on me! Awesome picture if I do say so myself!
There was a tour group being guided in front of us. Ethan jumped right with their tour to soak up all the information he could.
Another National Geographic moment!
A buffalo and her babe!
We went to Old Faithful, and Faithful she was!
We sat and had a homemade lunch underneath the trees as we waited for her to go off. It was pretty neat!
Ethan
Bradon
Carsten
Reagan
And Talan.
We went to a beautiful waterfall.
We hiked some 600 feet down the switchbacks to the beginning of the fall.
This part was way cool! Totally worth the hike!
Carsten broke this bench on the way back up. Just kidding! But it looks like he did!
Look very closely as I capture a rolling bison!
I took these pictures out the window of the truck...
While we were moving!
Like I said, National Geographic has nothing on me!
This is what an 18 month old looks like when you strap him to a car seat for hours at a time and then when you let him out you immediately strap him to a stroller.
Talan wasn't loving Yellowstone too much!
We saw Elk. At least I think this is an Elk. I don't know, I'm not much of an animal expert!
And then for Ethan, we drove out of our way to see the hot springs. At first we couldn't find them. They looked as though they had all dried out. Then as we were pulling out to leave we spotted a glimpse of this. Absolutely breathtaking! We pulled over to check it out!
Talan got to go on a much needed walk.
And we got this cute picture minus half of Ethan's face. Sorry Ethan!
Really I wasn't kidding when I said that we saw nature at it's best!
Swimming...
A vacation just isn't a vacation without some good old fashion swimming!
Ethan
Bradon
Carsten
Reagan
Talan
Bear World...
We went to Bear World. It's the coolest place just outside of Rexberg.
We saw baby cubs.
Another National Geographic moment with mommy and baby goat.
In the petting zoo you could find Carsten real close to the exit gate at all times. You never know when one of those baby goats or chickens might attack!
The whole family!
The kids rode on a few kiddie rides and LOVED IT!
While Talan hung out with us.
Now that's a RACK!
We drove through the Bear World park and saw...
This rack!
This rare white guy, bison, grizzly bears and black bears.
We followed behind the tour bus that feeds the bears and got up an personal with the bears.
We loved how they would sit on their bums to beg.
A visit with the Adair's...
Karl and Shannon live just outside of Pocatello and so on our way back home we stopped in for a quick visit.
It's been almost a year since we have seen them. It's amazing how quickly kids grow!
A visit with Eric...
My cousin Eric lives in Logan. We stopped to see him and we took him out to dinner. We went to Chili's and it was seriously the nicest visit to Chili's ever! We got the first class treatment by all the waitresses. I think that Talan must have stole their hearts. That or they were trying to make a good impression on Eric!
After dinner they took Bradon's new rugby ball and played a little football/rugby in the parking lot.
Good times!
So 52 out of the 222 pictures I took isn't so bad is it?
So there you have it. It's like you were right there with us on our family vacation... except you didn't have to listen to Talan scream the whole time!
2 comments:
Fabulous pictures! It looks like everyone had a great time, except for little Talan :( !
You are a great photographer! I could look at 52 pictures anyday if they are this good! Looks like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment