Sunday, July 5, 2009

5K Freedom Run


David and I raced in the 5K Freedom Run on the 4th of July.  Either of us have ever raced in a race before so we though we would start with a 5K.  David seems to think he's going to stick with racing in 5K's but I'm thinking that I want to go for a 10K on the 24th of July.  It was a lot of fun!  There was something like 4000 runners racing.  It was quite a sight to see all those people running down the streets of Provo together.  It was fun to be apart of it!  

Official results:  

Stephanie
 Run time 33:26 
Finished 1104 out of 2018 total runners
Finished 495 out of the woman
50th place in my age group

David
Run time 33:52
Finished 1152 out of 2018 total runners
Finished 626 out of the men
68th place in his age group

6 comments:

Ingram Family said...

You go girl! Can't wait for the race on the 24th!

The Hendricks Family said...

Way to go I am so impressed!!! You guys are awesome.

The Cook's said...

Way to go you guys that is awesome!!!

Kate said...

That's so cool! You're inspiring! It makes me want to do something like that! But

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Way to go!! I love the model pose picture!!

Wendy said...

Good for you!!! :-)