We started Halloween morning off with
Bradon and the Lone Peak Knights
playing The Lehi Pioneers in the 4th grade championship game.
It was played on Lehi High School's artificial turf football field.
The excitement was in the air
along with some championship game jitters!
Bradon had an excellent game!
He had great snaps and good defense.
They were winning until the last few minuets of the game when all the momentum shifted to Lehi. They lost the game 8-13.
It was a tough lose!
This was Bradon's 3rd year in a row going to the championship game and coming home with a 2nd place medal. He felt bad! He thought that for sure this was going to be his year to win it.
He really had a great year though. He absolutely loves playing football, all the guys he plays with and the coaches too. He has had nothing but good experiences with the Lone Peak League.
I told him after the game that he wasn't a loser, he was just 2nd best!
There are plenty of kids out there that wish they could have been in his shoes win or lose.
Making it to the championship game is a big deal, but you don't always win them all. I think that's one of the greatest lessons to be learned playing sports. Play your best, be your best and hold your head up high no matter what!
I think Bradon was holding back tears in this picture.
No better way to do that than to act silly!
Or maybe he's just giving us the 2nd place sign!
We are proud of you Bradon win or lose.
You're a great kid and you have great character!
We love you!
Harvey Unga who plays for BYU came to Bradon's game. After the game we took a picture of him with the boys. It was a good thing that Harvey was there because it sure lightened the mood and lifted the boys up after a hard lose.
After grabbing a little lunch we were back to the field for Carsten and the American Fork Cavemen to battle it out against the Lone Peak Knights in the 1st & 2nd grade championship game.
Carsten played hard and they all did their best
but it just wasn't enough.
They ended up losing 0-16. Those Lone Peak Knights were fast!
It's great getting to play on the big High School field but playing on a field at least 10 yards wider than the boys are use to can make it a little tough against a fast team.
(I love this picture of Carsten taking his helmet off after the game as they walk off the field.)
And he receives his first ever 2nd place medal!
I think Carsten was pretty happy with his medal. They had a great season. They put up a good fight and gave it their all.
I insisted upon getting the team together
for a team picture after the game.
(Something I wish I had done after Bradon's game.
Where was my brain? What was I thinking?)
Congratulations Carsten!
You are one strong powerhouse!
It's been so much fun watching you play, learn and love the game of football!
We love you bud!
So 2 for 2 it was!
2 in the championship game,
and 2 for 2nd place!
Really when I think about it, it's best that they either both win or both lose. I couldn't imagine how much smack talking would have been spoken to one another had it gone any other way!
3 comments:
Good job boys!! You're number one to us!! :)
What great boys you have Stephanie! "It doesn't matter whether you win or lose it's how you play the game." And it looks like they played HARD! Awesome!
I love all your action packed photos. I could stand to learn a thing or two about photography from you!!! :)
Great job! Such hard work & dedication from both players & parents...you'll get em next year!
Post a Comment