On November 12th Ethan turned 12 years old!
I woke him up early and told him to get dressed.
At 7:00 I took him to Denny's for a special birthday breakfast.
He went to school and then at lunch time I checked him out and took him to Wingers for his free Wingers birthday meal. He thought he had died and gone to heaven. 2 restaurants in 1 day!
After school he went to his normal karate lesson.
He did his normal karate thing...
And then at the end of his lesson he got an honorary birthday kick!
I guess that this is something that that Mr. Young does with all the kids on their birthday. Ethan thought it was so cool!
We sang Happy Birthday and had some birthday cupcakes.
That night David and I took Ethan to Chili's for the "traditional birthday dinner with your parents" thing. He had a free meal coupon he received at school for participating in the reflections contest this year.
3 restaurants in 1 day... NO WAY!
Ethan was all grins!
When we got home we celebrated once again with all the kids. Ethan blew his candles out one at a time.
Don't ask... It's a 12 year old thing I guess!
So I think all in all it was a wonderful day!
Ethan is one kid that doesn't ask for too much. He is very conscious of how much things cost and tries hard not to burden us. I'm not sure where he inherited this trait from but I always worry he isn't getting what he would really like. He had made a comment a month or so ago about how cool it would be to go out to eat for every meal of the day. So when he couldn't come up with anything he wanted to do for his special day I thought "Ah ha!"
Happy Birthday Ethan!
We love you!
1 comment:
I love the family picture! Very,very cute!
Post a Comment