Monday, October 10, 2011

My 3 year old helper!


This week we are getting new carpet in the master bedroom and family room. I decided that this would be the perfect time to paint the master bedroom since we have to move all of the furniture out of the room anyways! And Lucky for me, Talan decided that he would help!

Wait a second... did I actually use the word help?

As you can see from this picture, Talan made his way around the room painting. A little here and a little there! Oh he was busy! For the most part he did pretty good. He only got a little bit on the baseboards and he only painted the armoire once! Luckily for me my friend Shari stopped by and pointed it out to me in time for me to wash it off!

Don't let this innocent looking face fool you!
Though it is VERY CUTE, Talan is going through a very mischievous stage in life right now. He's testing his limits on every level! He thinks throwing a fit/tantrum is an art form and he's doing all he can to perfect it!
One of his most favorite thing to say when he's not getting his way is, "I hate you!" And when you give him something he wants, he turns on the charm and says, "I love you!" He's working really hard and being MEAN! The other night when I was tucking him into bed he told me, "I hate myself!" When I asked him why he hated himself he responded, "Because I'm so mean! I want to be a nice boy!" Today as he was throwing the ultimate tantrum about diet coke, all of a sudden in the middle of his tantrum he stopped and said, "I'm going to be nice now!" These are all glorious signs that he knows the difference between wrong and right and he's learning to choose the right!

Thanks for all the great help today Talan.
You're the best!

1 comment:

Shari said...

I am excited to see the carpet.