At the end of every school year Mountain Ridge Jr. High puts on a 5K race that all the students are welcome to run in. If you pay $5.00, then you get a race shirt to boot!
Last year Ethan didn't talk a lot about the race itself, but he did talk about the race shirt! Anybody in the school can submit their own race shirt design and then it's voted upon by I'm guessing the office staff. Ethan loves graphic design and spends most of his spare time fiddling around on the computer coming up with his own logo's and such. He fiddled with a shirt design last year but didn't submit it. This year he continued coming up with new ideas and designs. When it came time to submit his design this year it wasn't a question as to weather or not he was going to submit one, the question was which one? He finally narrowed it to two different ones and I told him to submit them both!
A few days later he came home to report that his design had won!
However his name wasn't on the design itself. They told him to go home, put his name on his design and then email it to them. Ethan did NOT want his name on it! I thought it was kinda funny that he wouldn't want EVERYBODY knowing that it was his design! Reluctantly, he put his name on it really small and emailed it off.
The day before the race he came home with 'THE SHIRT' and the first thing he said with a twinge of disgust was, "They made my name bigger!"
The next day I drove down to watch Ethan's shirt in action!
I have to admit my heart was bursting with pride! I wanted to shout out to everyone, "MY SON DESIGNED THAT SHIRT!"
You have to admit, putting on a 5K race at a Jr. High is a pretty cool thing!
The Little Caesar dude ran the race too! I'm pretty sure that Talan was the only child standing along the street watching the race and so therefore the Little Caesar dude took time out of his special race for a Little Caesar's picture moment!
We headed to the finish line to watch Ethan finish the race.
And can I just say, this kid has come SO FAR!
2 years ago I would have never guessed that Ethan would be running a race. And not only running a race, but running it willingly!!!
I want to say that this makes Ethan's 4th 5K and his best time yet!
Way to go Ethan! And the shirt... It looks AWESOME!
1 comment:
Congrats to Ethan on the race time...and the SHIRT! That is so awesome! Proud Mom moments...I love them!
Post a Comment