Thursday, July 19, 2012

Utah State University Football Camp

 This Summer Ethan had the opportunity to attend the Utah State Football camp with his cousin Justin Schultz.
 Ethan is wearing his red caveman gear and Justin is in the bright orange practice jersey.

Justin's brother Eric is the one who plays football for Utah State.
I thought it would be fun for Ethan and Justin to go to the camp together.  They are both going into their freshmen year and they both play on the line.  So the Schultz drove down from Washington and we drove up. 
 When we got to the check in we stood their waiting for it to be our turn.  I looked at my Aunt Nancy and she looked at me and we decided that we needed to get Eric involved!  We had the boys pick up their stuff and head back outside while we called Eric on the phone and told him that he needed to head down to the dorms for check in!  It's not everyday that you get to use the 'ERIC CARD'!  I mean when you're related to one of the starting linemen at the university of the camp your attending don't you think you should play that card?

So we did a take two!
Now remember the first time we walked in?  We walked in, nobody said anything to us and we waited in line.

Now for take two...
We walk in with Eric and immediately about five people say, "Hey Eric!"  Some being players and some being coaches.  They wave us up to the front of the line and want to get to know us.  They shake our hands and chit chit with us, the boys get checked in and everybody NOW knows who they are!  It was a success!  The 'ERIC CARD' worked!
 I think the boys had a blast at camp together.  Such a great bonding experience!  Because they went to the camp as individuals and not part of a team they were on the Renegades.  The Renegades were a team made up of all the individual campers.  I don't think there were very many freshmen boys at the camp if any at all.  Ethan and Justin were definitely some of the smallest ones out there.
 They were taking a Renegade team picture but by the time 
I got on the scene it looked like this!
 David and I stayed in Logan to celebrate our anniversary while we were there so we went to the fields every now and then to check in on the boys.  It was a lot of fun watching them.  Eric watched them a few times too!  When they played in the stadium he could see them from the field house.

I think it was a good experience for the boys!
Hopefully we can do it again next summer!

No comments: