Since living in Utah there have been a few things we have done as a family EVERY SUMMER that cost us money. The Lehi Rodeo is one of them. We love the rodeo and have made it one of our family summer traditions. The Provo Freedom Run is another. We have ran in the freedom run as a family for the past several years. These are both things that we as a family always look forward to.
This year I got an email advertising tickets to the Stadium of Fire for half price on morning! Without even thinking about it, I bought them! After making my super spontaneous purchase it occurred to me that I had pretty much just spent our Lehi Rodeo
and Provo Freedom Run money!
OOOPS!
and Provo Freedom Run money!
OOOPS!
I felt a little guilt as the weekend of the rodeo rolled around. The kids asked why we weren't going to the rodeo. I told them that I bought them tickets to the Stadium of Fire instead! And then the morning of the Freedom Run, we slept in! When we woke up David said, "We missed the Freedom Run!" I felt guilt once again!
Then it was time to go to the Stadium of Fire!
I had asked lots of my friends who had been to a Stadium of Fire in the past what they thought of it. I got all sorts of answers! Non that were raving though! Most were like, "Yeah I went once! Once was enough for me!" Needless to say, I was a little worried!
We got there a little early, parked a ways down the street and then made the trek to the stadium. My mom and dad and David's mom all came along. I got handicap seats for my dad and Jeannine so they wouldn't have to hike the stairs. We all got settled in and then the show began.
We saw Scotty McCreery perform.
And The Beach Boys!
It was really a lot of fun! The weather was perfect!
Our seats were in the shade the whole time and there was a little breeze.
We were up in the nose bleeds but it was perfect!
One thing great about The Beach Boys is that ALL generations know their music and know their songs. All ages were singing along, dancing and having a good time!
After the concert they put on a firework show that was AWESOME! We have seen The Stadium of Fire's firework show before from the outside of the stadium but being there in the stadium doesn't even compare! It's all choreographed to music and the theme was James Bond!
We all had a wonderful time!
The kids all loved it, my mom and dad loved it,
and Jeannine loved it too!
I was relived!
It turned out to be a spontaneous purchase worth making!
No comments:
Post a Comment