I'm on a quest to become
A DOMESTIC DIVA!
I've learned how to make bread
and now I can can peaches too!
My friend Jen Winder came over the other day and taught me how to can peaches. This may seem like a small insignificant thing to some people, but to me it's HUGE! I'm learning skills to becoming self sufficient. In my backyard I have a cherry tree, a peach tree and an apple tree. All three trees bear fruit and I have yet to take full advantage of the food they produce. Being a mormon woman that I am, the opportunity to learn these domestic skills have been poured out upon me throughout my whole life. Starting way back when I was a Merrie Miss, then in Young Women's and Relief Society. I however had NO INTEREST in learning these skills or taking advantage of what was right before me. I guess to everything there is a season, and it just wasn't my season, until now!
7 comments:
GOOD FOR YOU! Are you wearing your pioneer bonnet?! My husband so wishes I would follow your example...he is only going to be disappointed.
Way to go Stephanie! Your jars look fab! I get to can peaches on Friday with my sister. Don't like the work but love the end result!
You have done such a great job. They look so pretty. i am so proud of you!!!! What a woman! Miss you. I wish I could be there helping you can. Love ya.
Jen
I love your blog!
I'm going to link you.
Also, you need to teach me and Wendy!
that is just peachy!
Love you girl.
Canning Peaches= one step closer to perfection.
You go girl!! What do you mean? You already are PERFECT!! ;) Now you can teach me how to do peaches!
Post a Comment