Wednesday night after Charles passed away we joined together in a family meeting. We discussed what needed to be done in preparation for the funeral. Who would do what and so on. I volunteered Elaine to do the table display. I thought that she would do a fantastic job! Shortly thereafter I found myself in charge of the table display with Elaine as my helper.
I had some picture sent to Costco to be reprinted representing all stages of Charles' life. I collected decorative items from different homes and then I went shopping for picture frames. I went through Charles and Jeannine's home and found things to display. I also made a shadow box of some of Charles' personal belongings.
I received a phone call from a gal in their ward named Erica Miles who is an artist. (Click on her name to see her blog) She said that she woke up and felt that she should call and offer to sketch a pencil portrait of Charles in his younger years. I told her that I thought that was a wonderful idea. It turns out she is an amazing artist! She drew this portrait of Charles in his Navy uniform in just one day!
It all came together and looked great. I feel like it was a nice tribute to Charles and the good life he lived. I even found a beautiful jar to display his pennies in. Now Jeannine can carry on his tradition. After it was all over and done I gave each of the 5 sons 2 framed pictures as a gift and memento.
Charles looked so good!
I thought that this was just about one of the sweetest pictures of all. 2 of Charles' Great Grandkids, Paije and Kale saying their goodbyes.
Jeannine and her 5 sons.
Karl, Kerry, Charlie Kay, Kendall and David.
All of us together.
And her girls!
Dixie, Shannon, Teresa, Elaine and Myself.
1 comment:
Oh Adair family, We are so sorry to hear of your loss. I think little Paige is in David's class. What beautiful pictures. You are amazing at pulling stuff together.
Post a Comment