Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dance Festival 2010


I love the dance festival!
It's a great opportunity for the kids to learn how to dance (sometimes with the opposite sex), and to perform in front of a large audience. Every year the kids seem to be excited about it and it's a lot of fun for David and I to go watch them perform.

This year we had 4 of our 5 kids in the dance festival. They went in grade order so first up was our Reagan.
The Kindergarten class did a hula dance. Reagan got to wear her Hawaiian flower from her birthday party.



This is Reagan with a cute girl from our ward, Annika.
They were dancing buddies!

Reagan and her most favorite Kindergarten teacher ever Mrs. Barns.

Carsten was next!
Every year David and I are so impressed with Carsten and his dancing skills. He always knows all the moves and goes all out!

This year the second grade danced to a High School Musical song.



I love the look on this little girls face!

Bradon and the rest of the forth grade got to square dance!
Bradon liked talking the "I hate square dancing" talk but we could tell that he really liked it!

And doe-see-doe!

It's so cute to see your boy dancing with girl!

They looked like they were having a ball!

Now swing your partner round and round!
Bradon did an excellent job square dancing not to mention he looked mighty fine in that cowboy hat!


My sweet friend Shari was and always is my lifesaver! She teaches at the school and volunteered to watch Talan while I ran around taking pictures of our kids. Talan loves Shari so it worked out perfect!

Last but not least our big man on campus Ethan danced. The sixth grade dance to a song from the movie Grease. Ethan tends to be pretty emotionless but just like Bradon I think that deep down he was loving the dancing with a girl thing!



Oh! And there's some emotion!
What a cute boy! Way to go Ethan!

All our kids did such a good job!

2 comments:

Shari said...

Cute pictures of the kids. Hate the one of aunt Shari. I guess you already know that. I do love that Talan though.

Jeanney said...

Oh my goodness Ethan looks so much older. I love the pic of him smiling & I swear the corners of his mouth are turned slightly up in the first pic with "the girl." great pics of ALL the kids ;-) Oh & I LOVE that pic of Aunt Shari ;-)