This 6th grade year has been quite the transformation for Ethan. He's gone from a boy to a young man in the blink of an eye! He's growing taller, thinning out, and wearing a size
11 shoe! The week before school was out we attended his 6th grade graduation.
We had to submit a picture of Ethan as a baby. On the big screen it said his name, followed with a baby picture, and then a current 6th grade picture. And of course I couldn't get
my stupid camera to take a picture when I needed it to! I had it on the auto setting instead of the sports setting and apparently the camera couldn't figure out what to focus on with all that fast action taking place! I got it all figured out by the time I needed to take pictures of my friends kids but unfortunately I didn't get a picture of our baby Ethan on the big screen!
The 6th grade teachers and the school principal greeted him with handshakes and a candy necklace. The program was really nice. One kid from each 6th grade class spoke and each class had someone perform a musical number. I was amazed at the talent of these 6th graders!
As soon as the program was over David hurried home with Talan and missed out on the graduation photo shoot. But here's Ethan and I. I couldn't be prouder of Ethan. He is becoming such a great young man. He's smart, kind, extremely artistic, and an all around great kid!
Mrs. Gregory was a wonderful 6th grade teacher and we wish her luck with her big move to Nebraska. It's too bad because I would have loved for all my kids to have had her as their 6th grade teacher. Thanks for a great year Mrs. Gregory!
So now it's off to JR. HIGH!Ethan has chosen to go to Mt. Ridge Jr. High next year. I'm excited and scared for him all at the same time. Jr. High is a big step up from elementary school! I'm sure he'll do just fine and I have nothing to worry about but I'm his mother and worry is what I'm suppose to do....right?
Good luck and Congratulations Ethan!
WE LOVE YOU!
5 comments:
It almost makes me sad to see Ethan getting older! He was the coolest little kid. Now he's the coolest big kid.
She is moving to Nebraska Mom
Thanks Ethan! I corrected my mistake.
LOVE this! I bet it's surreal having your baby going to Jr. High. Holy Cow he'll be on a mission before you know it.
He looks so HAWS in this last one. What a handsome kid!
Post a Comment