Friday, May 21, 2010

Reagan's Kindergaten Program and Graduation


Kindergarten Program

Reagan was so excited for her Kindergarten program and graduation. When we talked about what she was going to be wearing she informed me that she had already decided that she would be wearing Amilia's red dress. I hadn't ever seen Amilia's red dress before and decided that I had better go take a look at it. I went over to Amilia's house and she knew exactly what dress I was talking about. Her and Reagan had planned this together. She came running down the stairs with the dress in hand proud to show me the beautiful red dress Reagan was going to wear to the graduation. It was a RED WITCH COSTUME! Silky with sequence and a jagged cut edge around the bottom and around the arms. My first thought was that there was NO WAY Reagan was going to wear a costume to her program. Amelia's mom tried to convince me that it would be cute and that I should let her wear it. I decided that I would take the costume home and tell Reagan that she could wear it if she wanted to but let her know that it was a COSTUME and the NOBODY in the entire kindergarten would be coming dressed in a COSTUME! Surly this would do the trick! However, unfortunately it turns out the Reagan is just fine with wearing a halloween costume to her graduation program and doesn't even seem to mind that she will be the ONLY ONE wearing a costume! I was a little surprised by this but thought it would be fine as long as she wore her cute black church shoes and black flower in her hair to match. When I told her this she freaked out! She wanted to wear her brown winter boots with the sparkly witch costume. Well I'm but that's where I draw the line! It's one thing to wear a witch costume to school with cute shoes and cute hair and something entirely different to go to school looking like you don't have a mother who loves you enough to stop you from looking like a dork! I hope this isn't offensive to anybody but I only have 1 little girl and gosh dang it, I want her to be cute!

Anyways, you can see by the pictures that Reagan didn't end up wearing the witch costume. As she threw her major tantrum I went up to her bedroom and picked out a cute school outfit. Something not to fancy yet not to plain. I came back down stairs and ironed it all while Reagan threw a fit at my feet. When I got done ironing I told Reagan that if she quickly got changed into this freshly ironed school outfit she would receive a laffy taffy. She questioned whether she would be receiving it now or later and as soon as I said "now" she threw the witch costume off, threw the school outfit on and got her hair done in a matter of seconds. The power of the laffy taffy is a mysterious thing!

And off to the program we went.
The sang cute songs giving it their all.

Reagan had a speaking part where she said, "Isn't it cool that we go to Freedom Elementary and that our flag stands for freedom?" She did a really good job!

The program was adorable and couldn't have been cuter!


Kindergarten Graduation
After the program we headed to Reagan's classroom for a little graduation ceremony. Mrs. Barns played cute graduation music and called each of her students up one at a time shaking their hands and giving them a little graduation certificate.

What a cute little girl!
Reagan is so excited to be moving on the the 1st grade!
All day school, eating lunch in the cafeteria, and Aunt Shari for a teacher!
It just doesn't get much better than that!

After each kid "graduated", Mrs. Barns told us how much she enjoyed teaching our children. She teared up and everything! It was actually quite touching. Mrs. Barns was a great teacher and Reagan absolutely loved her! We couldn't have asked for a better kindergarten year!

Congratulations Reagan!
We love you so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell Regan congrats.

Denise said...

She is so cute! I wish my kids were out of school. But we still have a month to go...