The other day we came home from somewhere and I had to go to the bathroom really bad. Talan didn't want to come in the house so I closed the garage door so he couldn't escape. He was not happy about this! I quickly ran in the house and went to the bathroom. Usually when I do this he follows me into the house to tell me off. By the time I was finished going to the bathroom he hadn't come in yet. I went back out to the garage and I couldn't believe what I saw. He was standing in the driveway with the garage door wide open! He looked at me with a face as to say, "HA!" Oh my gosh that little stink! "Talan, how did you get the garage door open?" He gave me his best innocent look and then tried to change the subject. "Look mom!" "Talan, how did you get the garage door open?" "Okay fine! I'll shut the garage door and just sit here and watch you until you do it again." I shut the garage door, Talan threw himself upon the floor in a full 2 year old fit, and I sat back to watch. Pretty soon he walked around to the drivers side door of the Yukon, grabbed onto the door handle and climbed onto the side rail. He swayed back and forth pulling on the door with every sway until finally he got the door to open. He then reached down to the bottom of the door with his one hand while still holding onto the door handle with the other. Once he had a hold of the bottom of the door with his fingertips, he let go of the door handle and jumped to the ground all while holding the door open with his fingers. He then grabbed the side of the door and using all of his body strength he pushed the door all the way open. He looked at me and smiled and then climbed up into the truck. All the while I'm thinking, "Are you kidding me?" He then reached over and pushed the garage opener button inside the truck. Tell me, what 2 year old does this kind of stuff?
The other night all the kids were ready for bed and we were gathering everyone together for family prayer. David must have heard something because in a panicked voice he all of a sudden said, "Where's Talan?" Due to Talan's track record of getting into things I immediatly jumped to my feet and intently listened. I could here his faint cry in the distance. I couldn't tell where it was coming from. I followed it and then realized it was coming from the garage. I ran out into the garage to find him sitting on the 3rd shelf up of the garage shelving where we keep the dog biscuits. He was scrunched in there with his head folded into his lap. (The shelves aren't very tall.) I couldn't figure how he could have gotten up there. Then I noticed a garbage can tipped over on it's side. He must have used it to climb up and then it must have slipped out from under him. He was clenching a dog biscuit in each of his fists. Apparently he wanted to feed the dog a treat! I swear this kid is a handful! I never know what he's going to think to do next.
On Mother's day my neighbor Kendall and her daughter Michelle were home just the 2 of them alone in their basement. While they were down there their outside dog came running down the stairs. They thought, "Who let the dog inside?" They could hear someone walking around upstairs in their kitchen. Kendall called out, "Hello, anybody there?" Nobody answered. Michelle climbed up the stairs and could see a shadow of a person walking around. She ran back down stairs. They were so scared and rightfully so! There have been a lot of break ins in our neighborhood and they weren't sure what to think except for they knew that someone was in their house walking around and not responding to their call. They went out the basement door and up and out and around the house to the garage. Kendall said that she thought to herself that if her other daughters car wasn't parked in the driveway she was going to freak! Sure enough her other daughters car wasn't there. They stood there in the garage trying to decide what to do when all of a sudden the door from the house to the garage opened. Out peeked little 2 year old Talan! Oh my gosh! Seriously! I ask myself, "What will this kid do next?"
Some other fun things
Talan has done this week....
Talan has somehow managed to take a picture off his bedroom wall, drop it on the ground and break the frame. All while he was suppose to be taking a nap! I'm just glad that the glass didn't break along with the frame because that could have been a lot worst.
Talan learned how to work the foam soap dispenser. Not that he didn't really already know how to work it, he just hadn't displayed his new found talent in such a dramatic way until now. He literally splattered soap all over the bathroom. Mirrors, walls, counter tops and floor. Oh and did I forget to mention the soap covering his face and eyeballs? Yes, that was a bit of a painful lesson about soap for the poor little guy!
Talan sprayed himself in the face with an arisol hairspray can.
Talan dumped an entire box of cereal on the couch.
Talan learned that if he hits his sister with a bat, lacrosse stick, sword or similar like object she screams, runs and absolutely freaks out! This is something he enjoys seeing and so now he looks for things he could use to hit her with.
Now I don't want you to get the wrong idea about Talan. He's not all mischievous and naughty! He is a lot of fun and very sweet too. He loves to give hugs and kisses and he loves to cuddle. We love him very much! Everyday just turns into an adventure with our little Talan!
4 comments:
I swear Talan and Abe made a naughtyness pact in the pre-existence. This week Abe sprayed himself in the eyes with Pam cooking spray (while standing on the stove and after dumping out all of the salt) Then I caught him stuck at the top of the stairs on the outside of the railing (9 feet up). He also got a hold of an 18 pack of eggs and crushed every single one of them on the kitchen floor while I was in the bathroom for two minutes. Today he herded all of the tortoises into the house and was trying to feed them honey combs. He also opened a box of capri suns and pierced every single one with their straw and squirted them all over the couch. Jack never even dreamed of this kindof stuff. Talan and Abe are cut from the same cloth. Lets hope they get all of their naughtiness out of their systems before they are teenagers.
Is it time for Super Nanny? Or maybe just a Super Vacation!
word verification: (raphraw)
Scooby Doo raphing til his insides felt raw.
Wow, where do these little boys come from? Talan has some great adventures. I am so glad that I am not alone with the crazy things the two year olds do.
Maybe high tech cameras and alarms need to follow him around! Cannon was much the same and it's enough to shave a few years off a mother's life.
Post a Comment