For some unknown real reason I have a desire to run a marathon in my lifetime.
Am I a runner? No! I wouldn't call myself that. But I am a bit of a wannabe runner!
Last year I ran in a 5K and when I got done running I decided that I wanted to run in a 10K.
I ran in a 10K and then decided I wanted to run in a half marathon.
I registered for a half marathon and then couldn't complete my training due to injuries.
This year it's my plan to start with a half marathon first.
I registered for the June 12th Bear Lake half marathon with my friend Amy and then...
We began to train!
Training for a half marathon is hard!
Today I am sick. I don't know if it's a cold or just allergies, but I sorta feel like crap!
But my training must go on!
I can't afford to get behind schedule.
So run I must, and run I did!
Up until today the longest I had ever ran all at once was a 10K. (That's 6.2 miles)
Today I ran 7 miles!
Never could I have completed all 7 miles without a good friend right beside me cheering me on telling me that I could do it.
By the end of our run I thought I might possibly die, but I didn't.
I thought I might possibly pass out, but I didn't.
I thought how can I possibly run further than 7?
And I will!
Next week I will run 8!
Wish me luck, because I'm truly terrified!
Am I a runner? No! I wouldn't call myself that. But I am a bit of a wannabe runner!
Last year I ran in a 5K and when I got done running I decided that I wanted to run in a 10K.
I ran in a 10K and then decided I wanted to run in a half marathon.
I registered for a half marathon and then couldn't complete my training due to injuries.
This year it's my plan to start with a half marathon first.
I registered for the June 12th Bear Lake half marathon with my friend Amy and then...
We began to train!
Training for a half marathon is hard!
Today I am sick. I don't know if it's a cold or just allergies, but I sorta feel like crap!
But my training must go on!
I can't afford to get behind schedule.
So run I must, and run I did!
Up until today the longest I had ever ran all at once was a 10K. (That's 6.2 miles)
Today I ran 7 miles!
Never could I have completed all 7 miles without a good friend right beside me cheering me on telling me that I could do it.
By the end of our run I thought I might possibly die, but I didn't.
I thought I might possibly pass out, but I didn't.
I thought how can I possibly run further than 7?
And I will!
Next week I will run 8!
Wish me luck, because I'm truly terrified!
6 comments:
You go girl! The first 10 minutes is always the hardest. There's no difference between running 7 and 13.1! You can totally do it!
You are amazing!!! Way to go. You can do it!!! BTW, I am totally into getting the boys together. However read my new post and see if you are still want to.
So proud of you! Now in answer to your question, yes, but shhh
You are my hero! seriously. I so want to be you right now. keep me posted on how you go, I really want to know how you go with adding miles each week.
yes you ARE a runner. I didn't get this gene AT ALL. I have never even run one mile. You are a tough woman! I will be cheering you on from my couch!
You CAN do it! You ARE doing it. And you are a runner if you run races and distance. ;-) GREAT job!
Post a Comment