My new calling at church is... Cub Master!
This month was our pinewood derby. Bradon and Carsten had a baseball game and so they weren't able to go, but they built their cars anyways and had other boys in the pack race em for them.
This was
Carsten's first ever pinewood derby. He decided on the pencil car design. It turned out really cute! It didn't turn out being the fastest car but it did really quite well! 2 boys from his den took 1st and 2nd place for the whole pack.
All the boys got these cool stands to display their cars on at home and these cool wooden awards.
Carsten received the "Best Use Of Imagination" Award.
Bradon went with the USA bobsled design. His entire car was built the night before the race. His car did better this year than any other year. He got 3rd place in his den!
Bradon received the "Most Souped Up" Award. The weights we ended up using kind of looked like an engine I guess. If you really use your imagination I think they look more like 4 bobsledders, but we'll take "Souped up!"
A special thank you goes to
Jeremy Haws for cutting out the boys cars for them, and
Heidi Payne for cutting out the vinyl lettering for the stands. What would I do without awesome cousins that help me out! Thanks guys, You're the best and I love ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment