T his year we celebrated Reagan's birthday a few days early. Her party was May 3rd but her birthday isn't until May 5th. I gave Reagan the choice of having her birthday 2 days early or 2 days late due to our hectic baseball schedule. And of course, what 6 year old is going to want to wait any longer than they have to? So 2 days early it was!
In our home we start thinking and talking about what we are going to do for our birthday months before the actual day arrives. We love to throw a themed party, and when I say "we", I mean ME!
Reagan decided months ago that she was going to have a bowling party. When Carsten turned 6 years old he had a bowling party and got a really cool bowling pin to take home. Reagan really wants a bowling pin of her very own that she can take home!
Just over a week ago we walked into the dollar store. The front display was filled with Hawaiian party stuff. Reagan's eyes lit up and it was then and there that she changed her mind and her party theme turned to HULA! It was also then and there that David and I began to smile as we saw less money leaving our wallets!
In our home we start thinking and talking about what we are going to do for our birthday months before the actual day arrives. We love to throw a themed party, and when I say "we", I mean ME!
Reagan decided months ago that she was going to have a bowling party. When Carsten turned 6 years old he had a bowling party and got a really cool bowling pin to take home. Reagan really wants a bowling pin of her very own that she can take home!
Just over a week ago we walked into the dollar store. The front display was filled with Hawaiian party stuff. Reagan's eyes lit up and it was then and there that she changed her mind and her party theme turned to HULA! It was also then and there that David and I began to smile as we saw less money leaving our wallets!
I googled 'hula dancers in Utah', I called the first number I saw out of Lehi, Utah. I explained to the lady on the phone that I was throwing a birthday party for a 6 year old and wanted a hula dancer to come to her party for 30 minutes to demonstrate and then teach the girls a little hula. She told me that it would cost $150.00 to have a hula dancer come to my home for 30 minutes! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? REALLY! I told her that that was out of my price range and that I would make a few other phone calls. She then told me that she could make a phone call to her dancer and see if she would do it for $100.00 instead. STILL WAY OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE! She asked me what my price range was and I told her, "I don't know but it's not that!"
I remembered going to my good friends 30th birthday party and they had hula dancers put on a whole huge show. When I went to Carsten's football practice a day or two later I realized that the guy that M.C.'ed the party was one of the coaches. His wife and I use to sit and talk during practices and games. I thought if some how I could get a hold of her she would probably help me out.
I called my friend Keri who had had the 30th birthday party. She called her cousin who had planned the 30th birthday party. Keri called me back to say that her cousin got the number from The Bamboo Hut. I called The Bamboo Hut. Only the manager knew the number and he wouldn't be in until the next day. I called the next day. He didn't know the number but thought that his partner might. I called his partner. The partner had her number! I then called Maria Fano.
And she could help!
Maria teaches hula lessons and called a few of her students to see if they would be interested in the job. 3 adorable Jr. High age girls came to Reagan's birthday party to HULA for 10 bucks each! And Maria came too! It couldn't have been more perfect!
Too cute! It was like getting your picture taken with a star!
Happy Birthday Reagan!
We love you so much and couldn't have asked for a better girl!
5 comments:
WoW Steph...you are an awesome mom! And what about those cake decorating skills? Sooo stinkin cute! Looks like they had a blast.
That is the cutest cake, ever! Man, you're amazing. And how funny is it that one of my daughter's birthdays is today -- we have too much in common!
The cake turned out so cute! That is the perfect girl party!
You are the coolest Mom EVER! Your kids don't know how lucky they are.
I love it when a plan comes together! Everything was awesome! What a very lucky 6 year old. You are quite the party mom! I get into it too, so fun! It seems to get a little tougher the older they get.
Post a Comment