Sunday, May 2, 2010

Porcupine art...


Carsten had to make a Porcupine sculpture for class the other day. We had talked about what he wanted to do and how he wanted to make it a few weeks ago and then I sorta forgot about it. The night before it was due at about 9:00 at night after I had already gotten ready for bed Carsten remembered that he needed to have his sculpture by morning. Isn't this always how it seems to work out?
Luckily I remembered that I had some Crayola Model Magic that hadn't been used yet. I got it out and it was almost completely dried out. I worked with it for a while and then decided that it would just have to do. Carsten broke toothpicks in half and we together created Mr. Porcupine! We went out into the garage and found some black spray paint and gave it a tint of black to finish it off.
Mr. Porcupine took us all but about 30 minutes to create and Carsten couldn't have been happier with it! He said that his teacher loved it and even showed it to the Principle of the school.
Way to go Carsten!
AWESOME SCULPTING!

No comments: