Monday, June 14, 2010

One of the CRAZIES!!!

I've always said that to be a runner you have to have a little bit of crazy in you! I mean who in their right mind pays $50.00 to deliberately torture themselves? CRAZIES DO!!! I'm convinced that long distance runners have a little bit of crazy in them! And now my friend Amy and I have a little bit of crazy in us! We have joined the world of the crazies!
This past Saturday Amy and I went up to Garden City, Utah and ran in the Bear Lake Half Marathon. It was my first half marathon and the longest I have ever ran all at once! It was really fun and challenging all at the same time. I felt really good for the first 10 miles and then struggled through the last 3. I wasn't in any real pain, I just started feeling light headed and worried I would pass out. I finished the race without dying or passing out and for that I feel accomplished! We ran it in 2 hours and 34 minutes. This race wasn't chip timed so the time isn't completely accurate but close enough. We aren't very fast but our goal was to FINISH and FINISH we did!
It was a really fun weekend and now Amy and I are talking about running another half. Because every good crazy knows that that's just what you do. You run again, and again, and again, until you get it right... I guess! So run we will... run we must!

Thanks Amy for hanging in there with me
and helping to make my dreams come true!

Just a little side note... I have a theme song!
M
y ipod quit working so I started using Reagan's. Reagan's ipod is filled with Kids Bop and Millie Cyrus. It's not that I don't love Kids Bop or Millie Cyrus but this just wouldn't be my first choice of music to run to if you know what I mean! It does have a beat and that's really what I need while running, so Kids Bop and Millie Cyrus it is!
Little did I know but...
Millie Cyrus sings my theme song!
One day while I was on a training run I found myself tired, run down and feeling a bit defeated. Millie Cyrus' The Climb came on and took on a whole new meaning for me. The Climb then and there became my running theme song! It's on my sidebar playlist so if you click on it you can hear it and see just what I'm talking about.
Thanks Millie for your words of encouragement that helped me get through my half!

4 comments:

Denise said...

You're awesome! Good job. We'll be there soon. I'll call or email you.

Shari said...

Good job! I am so proud of you! you can do anything now!!!!
(sitialac -the lack of ability to sit. You are a runner now!)

Wendy said...

Congrats! You did awesome!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you! You ARE crazy but in a good, wonderful way!