Friday, October 29, 2010

Band Concert

This is Mr. Bateman, Ethan's band teacher.
The other night Ethan had his first band concert of the year worth 1/3 of his semester grade. When his football team won their last season game putting them into the playoffs, Ethan was so worried that their first playoff game and his first band concert were going to conflict. On the way home from his football game Ethan told me, I'm more nervous now than before the game started!" I was shocked! I said, "Ethan why would you be nervous now? You just won your game!" That's when he told me about the possible conflict. Man this kid is growing up! I'm so proud of him for being so responsible and doing so good with ALL that he's involved with. He was torn with what he should do if the football game and band concert fell on the same night. He explained to me that there are only 4 baritone players and 2 of them play on the football team. Ethan told me that the other player Jones already said that if there is a conflict he was going to chose football over band. Ethan looked at me and said, "Mom, if I chose football too, then that will leave only 2 baritone players! What a good kid! Well, I'm happy to say that luckily it all worked out just fine and his band concert ended up being on Tuesday night and his football game was on Wednesday night.

The concert was great! I was amazed at how good the beginning band sounded for only playing for just a couple of months.
After the concert David and I took Ethan to Iceberg and let him get a shake. Even though it was freezing cold outside he enjoyed every last bite!

1 comment:

The Hendricks Family said...

Now that is a responsible boy. If you could give me seem tips for my teenager I would love it.