Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Utah State vs BYU

On Friday October 1st David and I made a trip
to Logan for the USU vs BYU game.

Eric got in on punt and did a great job!



I've always been a sucker for a good
marching band and half time show!

I love taking pictures of Eric when he's trying to find us in the stands.
It's like he's looking right at us but can't see us!

This game was fun and frustrating all at the same time.
It's so much fun to watch your cousin or anyone you know for that matter play and you want them to do good. But when you are a BYU season ticket holder and have watched and cheered for BYU for the past 5 seasons, it's hard to cheer against them! And it's really hard to watch them play like crap and LOSE! We feel invested with BYU and USU both all at the same time!

The fans were really into it! And really pretty much hated BYU!
This old man was drunk as a skunk! He was yelling and screaming at us fans to yell and scream! I turned around and snapped this picture as he was yelling right at me!

Then he walked down to us to let us know that he played for USU years ago and that we needed to cheer! I put my hand on Eric's Grandpa's shoulder and told the man that this man's grandson is playing for them right now! The drunken man's tune changed and before long the old drunken man and Eric's grandpa were showing each other their muscles! Man how I wish I had snapped a picture of that!

This sweet beauty
sat right in front of us!

We had ample time to observe this fine little piece of art the whole game long, and still came away not too sure what to make of it. What is it! And what I think is the better question...
WHAT WAS HE THINKING!

We sat with Nancy, Bette, Deana, Allison, Michelle, and Eric's Grandma and Grandpa Schultz.
We had a good time trying to figure out the fight song and hand movements. Are they milking a cow or what?

BYU got their butts handed to them and USU won 31-16!

The crowd rushed the field...

And so did we!
This was like exciting stuff!

We found Eric and celebrated with him!

Coach Anderson being interviewed on the field right after the game.

Us girls!
Cousin Michelle, Aunt Bette, Aunt Nancy,
Cousin Deana, Me, and Cousin Allison.

No comments: