Sunday, October 24, 2010

Only in Utah...


My friend Shari is Reagan's 1st grade teacher this year. It's fun because Sheri is always telling me about cute funny things that happen in the classroom. She told me that the other day during Red Ribbon Week, she was talking to the class about making good choices and being drug free. When all of a sudden she heard a faint sound of someone singing. She looked over and found Reagan sitting at her desk quietly singing Follow the Prophet. Then another kid joined in. Soon the whole table of children were singing together, "Follow the Prophet, Follow the Prophet, Follow the Prophet, he knows the way!" I just had to laugh and say,
"ONLY IN UTAH!"

2 Weeks ago I had my tonsils removed. After about a week I realized I needed some more pain medication. I called the doctor and they said I would need to come to the office to get the prescription. They told me to make sure to bring my drivers license for identification. When I arrived at the office I opened my wallet to get out my drivers license and it wasn't in there! When I had registered at the hospital I had given my drivers license to David and hadn't gotten it back from him. I said to the lady, "Oh my gosh, my drivers license isn't in my wallet!" The lady looked at me with a smile and said, "It's okay, just show me your temple recommend and that will be good enough for me." I laughed, pulled out my temple recommend and then she handed me the prescription. And I couldn't help but to think....
ONLY IN UTAH!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Ok, I just have to say here that I am relieved the YOU FINALLY GOT THOSE TONSILS OUT! For heavens sake... they've been problematic for the last 16 years.

Anyway, your UT anecdotes are too funny.