Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ahoy Matey!

Talan is becoming extremely opinionated! He has ideas that come into his head and it's almost impossible to get them out.

I bought him a shirt that had a pirate on the front of it and all he could do is talk about how he wanted to be a pirate! He would point at the picture of the hat and the eye patch on his shirt and say, "I want these!" in a very demanding voice. He told everyone that he was going to be a pirate for Halloween. I found a really cheat pirate accessory set at Walmart and he was thrilled to pieces to be a pirate! And I must admit that Talan makes a dang cute pirate! But then he decided that he was going to be Spider man.

He found a Spider man costume in our basement that was a few sizes too big for him but he didn't seem to mind, because he was SPIDER MAN!!! He announced to his preschool class that he was going to be Spider man for Halloween and I was thrilled to pieces because Spider man was FREE!

Then some stranger suggested that he could be Lightening McQueen for Halloween. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Lightening McQueen! Well of course Talan would LOVE to be Lightening McQueen! But I don't have a Lightening McQueen costume and I'm NOT buying one either! Huge golf ball size tears were shed over the thought of not being Lightening McQueen! Oh my gosh! Could Halloween be more dramatic?

With tears in his eyes I walked him down to the basement to see what his Halloween costume choices were. Winnie the Pooh, a turtle, a frog, a snake, a pirate, or Spider man. It was amazing how quickly his sad face turned to smiles as he scooped up all his choices and took them upstairs to try them all on!

For the next several days Talan dressed in each of the costumes several times a day. I personally thought he looked the very cutest in the Winnie the Pooh costume so I did what any really good manipulating mother does. I rented the new Winnie the Pooh movie and had him watch it. I didn't suggest that he should be Winnie the Pooh, oh no! I let him make the choice all on his own. And of course he wanted to be Winnie the Pooh!

No comments: