Monday, November 7, 2011

New carpet!

Let's get something clear...
I have hated the flooring in this house since day one!
The carpet is a light cream color and shows EVERYTHING!
I have refused to get it professionally cleaned because I refuse to dump money into something I want out of my house! I have used my personal carpet cleaner on it and I swear it only went from bad to worse! It's like cleaning it only caused it to attract the dirt more!
As embarrassing as it is this is a picture of the carpet after pulling back the rug.
Of course this is the worst of it but still, super bad!
New carpet is a huge project! To save a little money we chose to remove the old carpet ourselves. We only replaced the carpet in our family room and master bedroom for now and it was still an overwhelming job!

Talan thought it was fun! As we pulled the carpet up a little light bulb went on in his head and he ran outside to get him little dump truck. He played on the hills of carpet like they were little jumps for his truck!

It was tough getting the carpet out of the house.
Thank heavens our boys aren't so little anymore. They were a big help!

Pulling up the pad was a cinch!

We got it all pulled up and cleaned up...

And out to the front yard!

I'm pretty sure our neighbors were loving us as we left it out there for a few days in nothing but pure white trash fashion!

And there it was all ready to go!

I feel like our house is always a work in progress.
The question is, will it ever really be done?


Talan couldn't help himself but to lay and roll all over the new carpet!
Heck, I had a hard time restraining myself!

I love the new color!
It looks good and feels good to know that it's clean!
I can hardly wait to finish the rest of the house!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Hi Stephanie! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog awhile back. Of course I remember you from party time in Florida on Fidelity's dime! Hope you're doing well!