We have an apple tree in our backyard that is really quite small but it produces a lot of apples! And if I knew the first thing about farming apples, then I would prune the branches, thin them out and spray whatever it is your suppose to spray on them and then I would probably end up with some really big nice apples. But I don't know the first thing about farming apples so instead we have lots and lots of really small apples. But I must say that they taste good and most importantly... they are
organic! Who knew that I was green! Don't be alarmed, actually I'm not green at all... just lazy! So lazy that I don't even know what kind of apples these are! Haven't taken the time to find out!
The branches were so full we worried they would brake off!
So we did what any good apple tree owner does... We picked a few and took them down the street and fed them to our friend Kim's horses!
And they loved them!
Don't worry, we didn't feed them too many! And we didn't feed them without getting permission from Kim first. She told us just how many each of them could have.
Talan loved feeding the horses! Well actually he loved watching me feed them. He was too afraid to put his hand underneath their mouths. But he squilled with delight to see them munch! And as you can see from this picture, they wanted more!
And not to toot my
"Molly Homemaking Horn", but I made homemade applesauce out of these apples that tasted divine! Mott's has nothing on me! And David found an apple cider recipe that we are going to attempt next!
Oh it's fun to be an apple farmer! Maybe next year I can learn how to produce apples big enough to dip in caramel!
No comments:
Post a Comment