Sunday, November 13, 2011

Symphonic Band


What a good looking kid!
At the end of Ethan's 7th grade school year he decided to try out for the Symphonic Band. At his Jr. High they have Beginning Band for first year students, Concert Band for second year students and Symphonic Band is the band you have to try out for. It's the highest of the bands. It's made up of mostly 9th graders. I was surprised that he wanted to try out for it because he doesn't exactly do a lot of practicing here at home. I knew that he liked band, I just didn't know that he was necessarily good at band. Anyways, he tried out and made it! I was impressed! Not only because he made it, but because he was willing to try out in the first place. Later on he told me that he wanted to be in the Symphonic Band for the TUX! No joke! He was really excited about the tux! And especially excited for the bow tie! And I have to say, he looked pretty darn good in it! Such a cute kid!

A few weeks ago they had their first band concert of the year. It was fun to hear the differences in the bands. The Symphonic Band was really good! We are proud of Ethan and his band accomplishments.
Way to go Ethan!

1 comment:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

WOOWOO! He is looking SHARP!
Good job Ethan!!!