This was the 3rd time we have done Christmas Eve at home with just our little family. It's funny because I have always wanted to have our own little family Christmas Eve traditions, but at the same time we have always joined in other families Christmas Eve traditions so I haven't ever had to really think of what traditions I would want to have for us. So each year I try to remember what we did the year before. It's like trial and error! If it went off good, then we do it again! If it was a flop, we ditch it!
So far this is what we have come up with...
We eat a candle lit Christmas Eve ham dinner.
We open our Christmas pajamas.
We open our sibling gift exchange gift.
We watch a Christmas movie together as a family.
We sing Happy Birthday to Jesus,
blow out the candles and eat Birthday cake.
And last but not least, we read Luke 2,
we have family prayer and then we go to bed!
TALAN
REAGAN
CARSTEN
BRADON
ETHAN
STEPHANIE
DAVID
Ethan gave to Talan.
Talan couldn't be more into superhero's this year.
He wanted every superhero mask under the sun!
Carsten gave to Reagan.
When she opened her present she was so overjoyed!
I think Carsten was pretty excited too!
He knew that she was going to love her new slippers!
Bradon gave to Carsten.
Carsten loves Oregon!
Well really he just likes Nike,
and Oregon's sweet jerseys and apparel and stuff!
Talan gave to Bradon.
Bradon loves summer sausage and mustard.
This was not the present Bradon was expecting, but very appropriate!
Reagan gave to Ethan.
Ethan can be tough to buy for.
He doesn't ask for very much!
Well, let me take that back.
He asks for stuff,
just very large expensive stuff!
Stuff that Reagan couldn't go out and buy for him.
But Ethan has been lifting weights for football
and so she thought a pair of lifting gloves would be perfect!
I love to see when my kids are sweet with each other!
I love to see them think about each other and
try to figure out what the other one would want!
I love to see the sweet look of joy on the givers face
as the receiver open's their gift!
I love to see the love they have for one another!
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
1 comment:
We love Christmas Eve PJ's
Post a Comment