Thursday, September 5, 2013

Funny Cake!

Every now and then I get asked to decorate a cake for someone.  Blyden is the manager of the gas station/drink store I go to.  Before Blyden became a convenience store manager he had a whole career in being an umpire for the NCAA.  He still umpires 5A high school games, supervises the local college umpires, refs high school football, and is currently the red hat TV time out guy at all the home BYU football games.  We always have fun talking sports with Blyden!  I go to him with all my "stupid umpire calls" questions and he ALWAYS takes the side of the stupid umpire!
Anyways, my friend Sandy is the assistant manager at Holiday and she called to see if I could decorate a cake for Blyden.  I of course said, "SURE!"  She said that she wanted it to be a baseball cake.  Something that represented him.  And this is what I came up with!  Pretty funny huh?  He kinda looks like a angry umpire!

It was fun to do and Blyden loved it!
And that's all that really matters, right?

No comments: