Talan loves balls! I'm starting to think that he loves basketball in particularly though. As early as he could walk he would take a ball and try to slam it onto the fireplace air vent. David and I would just look at each other and say, "What is he doing?" Then we noticed that whenever we sent him down outside he would grab a ball and even though our basketball standard was lying on the ground he would try to shoot the ball into the net. It took great effort for him to squat underneath the backboard to make his shot but every time he went for it! Then I noticed that when ever basketball was on T.V. he actually would sit and watch it. In fact this one time he even cheered when a shot was made!
Bradon had this ASU basketball hoop in his bedroom. It was on the top of his closet door. Every time Talan went in his room he would take the ball and try to shot a basket. Almost an impossible task from Talan's height! So David took the hoop down and taped it to the laundry room door. He played and played and played with it! He ripped it off the door, and we re-taped it! He broke the hoop, and we taped it! He broke the net and we fixed it! And this is what it ended up looking like!
UNPLAYABLE!
So David got him a new one! We assembled it before bringing it into the house because we knew that he wouldn't be able to contain his excitement long enough before his excitement would turn into tears. We got some velcro and stuck it to the door. Oh you should have seen his face light up when he saw it. He was so excited! I could hardly get the thing up on the door because he was so excited to play with it!
He loves it!
He never tires of it either! Day after day he's just happy shooting hoops! This kid is so flippin cute! I mean really, could he be any cuter!
So maybe he has a future in basketball. Who knows!
But for now, he's defiantly the basketball star in our family!
3 comments:
I wonder if Babyham would like a basketball hoop. I don't exactly contribute a lot of athletic genes to my children like you do but Jahn is a decent ball player. Maybe we'll give it a try. Talan is so cute I can barely stand to look at him.
Thanks for sharing that. I miss a lot and I'm glad I could see that. What a cute grandson.
Boys are so fun!
Post a Comment