Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What would I do without Ethan?


Ethan loves his baby brother Talan so much!  
He enjoys being with him and watching him explore his world.
Lots of times when Ethan starts giggling I'll look over to see that he's just watching Talan.  Lots of times his giggle ends with a, "What is he doing?"  Ethan gets a big kick out of him!

There is just something wonderful about this 10 year age span between my oldest and my youngest.  This is the first baby that I've had so much help with.  Ethan is at an age that he can really help.  He can feed Talan, change his diaper, put him down for naps and he does a great job of watching over and protecting him.  When we go places as a family I can put Ethan in charge of Talan and I don't have to worry about him.  He keeps him out of trouble.  When we go to baseball games I'm able to leave Talan home with Ethan and I can actually go and enjoy the game.  It's wonderful to be able to leave the house for a few minuets to run errands without having to cart Talan along.  Ethan is my lifesaver/sanity-saver!
What would I do without Ethan?

Ethan loves to take pictures.  The other day he asked if he could go out into the backyard to take a few pictures of Talan.  I laughed when I saw this one.  What a cute sense of humor Ethan is developing!

There is just something about a picture of a crying baby that's cute.  I asked Ethan why Talan was crying in this picture.  "I wouldn't let him run out into the street."  It tickles my heart to hear this.  What a good big brother!  Good job Ethan, way to protect your baby brother from danger.

Talan is growing up so fast!  It will be fun to hear some of Talan's memories of his big brother Ethan watching over him.  I hope that they are creating a brotherly bond that will last
forever.  

1 comment:

Parks Pack said...

Steph -- What a little sweetheart to be so tender with his brother! This stage of motherhood must be the very best because they can help us without being teenagers and bratty! They are so sweet without the attitude! Talon is getting more adorable all the time. Such a sweet post.