This time of year is always just as busy as Christmas time. With Reagan's birthday, mother's day, my birthday, soccer & baseball games almost nightly, end of the school year stuff and nice weather to pull weeds, plant flowers and trim bushes in, time just seems to fly by! So I'll make an attempt to get my blog caught up.
MOTHER'S DAY
Mother's day was wonderful! I started my mother's day off a day early. On Saturday a few of my friends and I hit the town to celebrate and pamper ourselves in GIRL-like fashion! Keri Eagar, Ashley Ercanbrack, Jeannie Ramsay and I went to Mimi's cafe for brunch followed with hours of shopping. That night when I got home, David and I got together with Tom and Michele Gledhill and went out to dinner. It was an entire day without children!
Sunday morning David and Ethan made breakfast for everyone and the kids gave me a necklace and earrings that David helped them pick out. I love them! You can see the necklace in the birthday picture below.
MY BIRTHDAY
Just 2 days after mother's day I turned 36! I woke up with no voice! It wasn't the nicest birthday present I received, in fact it was quite annoying! My children laughed at me as I tried to yell at them to get ready for school... and that only infuriated me! I had arranged for a babysitter so that I could go out to lunch with some friends and then she called to cancel! I hung up the phone and sang, Happy Birthday To Me! I spent the next several hours (or so it seemed) trying to find someone to watch my kids so I could go out. Finally with tears in my eyes I decided I was just going to cancel my birthday and try celebrating it another day. I called my sweet friend Shari and she made it all better. She gave me some great ideas to solve my birthday dilemma and I was able to go out to lunch after all. Michele and I went to the Thanksgiving point deli and then browsed the emporium. I was glad that I didn't give up and that I got to go out after all. It was a well needed outing! After lunch I got Ethan out of school a few minuets early to watch Talan and Reagan so I could make it to my nail and pedicure appointment with Shari. We had a lot of fun and my nail place decorated my toes with adorable flowers as a special FREE birthday gift!
When I got home from the nail spa David and I got ready to go out to dinner with the Iverson's and Harley's. We went to Texas Roadhouse. Dinner was "quiet" to say the least. I had absolutly no voice, the Harley's are extreamly quiet people and David Iverson isn't much of a talker either! Usually when we go out Shari and I do enough talking for everyone. So Shari was on her own. It felt strange sitting there on my birthday speechless!
After dinner David and I ran to Kohlers and picked up a small birthday cake and we came home to celebrate with the kids.
Talan doesn't look so sure in this picture, but I promise you, he loved the cake!
So we sat around, enjoyed some cake and then off to bed we went.
My birthday started off a little rocky but ended up to be a great day! I'm so grateful for good friends and my family who do their best to make me feel special. I received phone calls from all of my siblings wishing me a happy birthday and that really meant a lot too!
5 comments:
I thought about you on your birthday. I always do. I hope it was wonderful. You look fanatastic!
Did you get my card? I mailed it late but just wanted to check that it got there.
Now we just need to work on getting you a charm for your birthday necklace!
Happy (belated) Birthday! I am glad it turned out well. You look beautiful in your pink shirt (with Talan and your cake).
Happy super late birthday!
Post a Comment