SLEEP WALKING that is!
Last night about an hour after the kids fell asleep David and I heard someone coming down the stairs. Usually when we hear a kid coming down the stairs they end up coming into our bedroom. We then take care of whatever it is the child needs and send them back to bed.
Last night was different! Nobody came to our room and we didn't hear anyone go back upstairs either. We waited a few minuets and then David went to see who had come down the stairs. All the lights had been turned on and when David went into the kitchen he found the back door wide open. His first thought was that Bradon must have gone outside. He peeked outside and yelled for Bradon. Our neighbor Michele called back to David. She told him that Carsten had gone to her house and knocked on her door. David came running into our bedroom where I was and told me that Carsten was sleep walking and had gone to the Gledhill's. I ran into the kitchen and there Carsten was standing in nothing but his underwear! Poor little guy! He was confused and not totally awake yet. In fact I'm not quite sure he ever fully woke up at all. David sent him back to bed and I called Michele on the phone. She said that she was in her office and heard a faint knock at the door and could hear someone outside crying. When she looked though her peep hole she saw Carsten standing there in nothing but his underwear. She opened the door and tried talking with him. She tried to figure out why he was at her house at 11:00 at night in his underwear. He did a lot of shrugging his shoulders and saying, "I don't know!" in a confused whinny voice. She asked him if he wanted to go back home and he said yes. She walked him home and when she got to our backyard that's when David peeked his head outside and called for Bradon.
This morning when I questioned Carsten about the whole sleep walking ordeal he didn't remember anything except walking back into our house from the backyard. When I told him what he had done and that he had done it in nothing but his underwear he said, "No I didn't!"
Needless to say, Carsten went to bed in pajamas tonight!
David and I are so grateful that Michele was awake sitting in her office where she could hear Carsten's faint little knock and bring him back to safety. What a scary thing to have your child leave the house while sleep walking! Carsten has slept walked before, but he has never left the house! I guess we will need to take some extra precautions and put latches on the doors to prevent him from escaping again.
We love our little Carsten and would just die if something bad happened to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment