Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Charles William Adair


Last Monday our whole family was home because it was Martin Luther King day. The phone rang and David answered it. And then I heard him say, "Okay, we'll pack and be on the road in a few hours." He hung up the phone and told me that his dad had 24 to 72 hours left to live. Three hours later the truck was packed and we were on the road to Arizona.

It's funny how you can know that that phone call could come at any moment, yet it's still shocking when it comes!

We had a long drive! It took just over 12 hours to get there due to the weather conditions. We arrived at 3:30 in the morning. We were able to spend Tuesday and Wednesday at Charles' bedside. Wednesday evening at 4:53 Charles took his last breath.
David and I both feel it was a blessing and a privilege to have spent his last moment on earth with him.

Jeannine, Charlie Kay, Kendall, Karl, David and Kerry.
All gathered around their dad just after his passing.

Charles William Adair
August 2, 1927 - January 20, 2010

We love you dad!

2 comments:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

We were sorry to hear about your dad. It was a blessing to get to be with him...I'm sure your mom needed it as well.

Sabra said...

I'm so glad you were all able to be with him. He left happy. What a good life. Great man.