I'm learning to make quilts.
This is my first and only one for now. I look forward to making many more in the days to come!
I gave this to my mother for Christmas. It's a Joseph Smith quilt. Every other block has part of the Standard of Truth embroidered on it.
It says,"The Standard of Truth has been erected; No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; Persecution may rage, mobs may combine, armies my assemble, and calamity may defame, But the truth of God shall go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, until it has penetrated every continent, visited every climb, swept every nation, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say
"The Work is Done!" Joseph Smith"
It was a lot of fun to make. And I have to say if it wasn't for my friend Michelle Rich I would have never started or finished it. So Thank you Michelle for helping me out!
No comments:
Post a Comment