Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Band Concert

Last week Ethan preformed in the Christmas band concert. It really is amazing how much they have improved since the beginning of the year! I think his teacher, Mr. Bateman does a fabulous job! Ethan seems to really like it. In fact he plans to take band next year too!

After the concert as we were walking out Ethan told me that on one of the songs, ALL of the baritones came in at the wrong time. Lucky for him... I didn't even notice! I then started telling him how much fun it is to watch Mr. Bateman conduct. I asked Ethan if he watches him while he plays. He kind of gave me a WELL OF COURSE NOT kind of look. Like why would he do that? He said, "If I look at him it just confuses me! I don't even know what he's doing!" Well Ethan, maybe you should look up at Mr. Bateman every now and then. In fact maybe all the baritone players should. Than maybe the WHOLE baritone section wouldn't have COME IN AT THE WRONG TIME! Spoken like Mike Wazouski with only 1 eye from the movie Monsters Inc.

No comments: